Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look i did the search thing and i really wanted to hear just what opil you guys were using in your 12R's. 12org gave me to much info i am attempting to try something new because i don't know what brand the last owner put in here.

Just your thoughts on what you use? If you are tired of this question then feel free not to answer. thanks for reading the post

·
Banned
32 Posts
I personally use the Motul even though it is more expensive. I'll tell you my reasons> at 9,000 miles I had someone put a 1270 kit in it. It ran pretty good until someone on a Dyno hit it with an excessive shot of Nitrous Oxide at 5200 RPM and holed a piston. When the motor was disassembled we found that the person who had installed the 1270 kit had crushed the oil scraper rings on #1 and # 3 cylinders. The block and sides of the pistons were badly scored but I was still able to put 11,000 miles on it with an average output of 180 HP and it was able to pump out over 160 ft lbs of torque before it went. I am still running my original clutch with over 7,000 (over 27,000 total miles) miles on the big motor so I think the added expense is justified. Other oils might have produced similar esults but I haven't tried them. I did try the Castrol Superbike oil but I hated the the bike shifted especially when hot so I only ran this oil for 600 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts