Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Good Sunday morning! Hers's the scoop, needing to change oil on a Honda 919 and asked on another thread but thought a new one would get more response. What's your choice? Thanks, STN:eatpop

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which oil to use.

I personally prefer Mobil 1 10w40 motorcycle oil. They have different styles for different motors like Mobil 1 10w40 v twin and Mobil 1 10w40 racing 4T. Mobil 1 is a great synthetic motor oil that does not gum up your motor. In short is a very clean oil. I only use it in my bike and my truck. You can check it out on the following site... Motorcycle Oils This is just what I prefer, but ultimately the choice is yours. There are a lot of more expensive alternatives out there. Just remember just like a car if you decide to go to a synthetic motor oil you cannot go back to conventional oil after words. You will end up with leaky seals. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
648 Posts
boy, is this a good way to start a war. i'm sure if you do a search you will find lots of oil threads. that being said, since you asked i'll answer. i also use mobile 1 racing 4t in my bike. i've heard the tale of leaking seals but i've never met anyone who had this problem. i think any non energy conserving 2 oil changed at appropriate intervels will protect your bike just fine.

·
occasional know-it-almost
198 Posts
mobil1 in my bikes and in my cars. My ford used to suck about a quart per 3K miles, and since I changed it to synthetic it doesn't lose any.

My bike loves it...it makes it faster than the conventional oil bikes..:banana

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Honda dealer dudes say NOT to use any synthetic until 8k; and NO oil other than motorcycle specific as car oils have detergents which are really bad on the clutch.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have heard the myth about changing from synthetic to conventional also. I have never met anyone who had that problem, but ive never known anyone to make that switch either.

·
Lingerie Bandit
5,623 Posts
I've used Castrol products since day one, used their GTX oil in my Accord for many years (sold at 212K miles). And I used Castrol motorcycle specific oil in my EX500 and now in my GSF600. Also it's just regular old oil, not synthetic, never had a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RotellaT Synthetic. 17 bucks a gallon at wall mart. It is made for diesels but has been proven time and again to work great for motorcycles.

·
Registered
306 Posts
RotellaT Synthetic. 17 bucks a gallon at wall mart. It is made for diesels but has been proven time and again to work great for motorcycles.
+1
but its 19.50 here, and rotella makes a diesel oil but this isnt diesel specific(the blue bottle)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts