Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Ohlins shock today! :banana

Its the 46PRXLS with high and low speed compression damping, rebound, ride height and remote preload adjustment.
I'll post up some pics and let you know what I think of the setup asap.
After riding my buddy's FZ6 with an Ohlins I knew I had to make the swap. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Dammit I done told you to get a Penske :lol Hopefully they gave you a good spring rate for your weight and riding style, Ohlins just ships w/ stock spring rate on SVs unless you ask otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I love mine. I ordered it for my weight and have had no issues with it.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nig said:
Dammit I done told you to get a Penske :lol Hopefully they gave you a good spring rate for your weight and riding style, Ohlins just ships w/ stock spring rate on SVs unless you ask otherwise.
Penske's are very nice, too. Less places near me to service them compared to Ohlins.

And of course I had it resprung for my big Venti Mocha drinking a$$!
(free of charge).

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Where did you get it? If it's a suspension shop, ask them for some rear ride height numbers to get the bike really planted on corner exits.

Also when you adjust rebound, it will have some effect on your compression; there is no check valve in the Ohlins like in Penske (last I heard). Just something to be aware of when you're fiddling with it. Check the manual, if it's not in there forget I mentioned it.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it from IndySuperbikes. I raised the ride height 2mm in the rear and firmed up the high/low comp and rebound a couple clicks,
and the preload a couple mm too. It seemed to work, much better than the stock shock anyway!
Probably could use a little more fiddling but the key was I never even thought about the rear suspension throughout the whole day at the track.
It was flat out planted the whole time.

I did see plenty of people running Penske's at the track as well...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts