Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone, vendors members have any leads on a good place to purchase new or used? im looking for either an ohlins or penske rear shock for an 02 gixxer 1000.... please post up any links or feel free to PM me with any info... thanks

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
You can't lose with either brand. I have Ohlin's on my R1, front and back. I feel the rear shock has the most impact, so starting there is wise. I bought mine from hardracing.com. Great service and they will match any advertised price. They usually have everything in stock too. I paid $900 for the rear shock, but what a difference!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Penske! I like Traxxion:

www.traxxion.com

They won't be the cheapest but they can help you set it up well and they're good about answering tech questions via phone/email. You won't get free expert advice if you buy from the low-price-special places. I'd recommend buying from a suspension shop whatever you decide. Or even better from your local track vendor if he sells them.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I have the Ohlins 46PRXLS. Resprung for my weight - 175-200lbs.
It's very sensitive to adjustments and makes a huge difference in ride and handling characteristics of my bike. The remote preload adjuster really comes in handy.
Highly recommended. Got mine from hardracing.com also.

I also see a ton of Penske shocks on bikes at the track. Top notch pieces. Every bit as good if not better than Ohlins. Really can't go wrong with them, and they're American made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts