Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time was way worse. Riding two up down what we call roller coaster road, came into a corner posted 45mph we were doing maybe 40, coming around a full size white chevy truck was in my lane. Quick thinking I tried to go around him, he swerved back at his lane and I decided that hitting a truck was more painful then diving off an 6ft embankment into a cowfield. I ended up with minor lacerations on my right arm, but my wife on the other hand has a broke collar bone, broke in two places. The truck never even stopped. I crossed directly in front of him and hit the ditch long before he passed. Knowing he was in the wrong he drove off. I managed to hold the bike as it slid down the embankment, praying it wouldn't flip onto my wife. She was slingshotted 15-20ft over the bike and hit the field head first. He's some damage shots, I'll take pics of the embankment later this week.

Bike still tracks right nothing bent. All cosmetic work, gonna put shark skins on it and cut out places for the lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I'm glad yall made it out alive and well.It could have been worse.

I hope yall had gear on this time,if not it was a wakeup call.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Oh my God!! Hope your Wife is going to be ok....

Thats some seriously fekked up shit..... No possible way to ID the ass in the truck?

Dam that qualifys as leaving the scene of a accident I would think.... Really sorry to hear that. :(

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Damn dude, you've got some crappy luck. When you say you went around the truck do you mean in your lane or the oncoming lane? If you went around in the oncoming lane you got off lucky with the minor injuries you have. Also, tell your wife not to worry, almost everyone has broken their collarbone at least once.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Yea, crappy luck..maybe time to just put the bike in the garage for a bit and let things sit for awhile....

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
glad you are alright, and I hope the wife heals up quickly, sucks to hear what happened and to see the bike.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Which will be immediately followed by something along the lines of:

evils-03-RR said:
It had nothing to do with the size of the bike[.....]would have been the same with a 250 as it would a 600. I've been riding for almost 4 months now, i would have been seriously disappointed in a 250 ninja. I'd rather start on a bike the size i want to ride and learn that then start small and have to learn again.

I know for a fact it couldn't have been saved
And so on, and so forth :popcorn

Glad you're okay, hope you had some safety gear this time around.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
nig said:
Which will be immediately followed by something along the lines of:

And so on, and so forth :popcorn

Glad you're okay, hope you had some safety gear this time around.

If anyone has anything to say about it being the size of my bike that caused this wreck prepare for me to maybe take a short trip for a long ass kicking. I had a car coming at me directly. I would like a detailed description of how being on a 250 or 500 would have saved my wife and I from this near death experience.

Believe us we've learned some things here. Honestly I'd be quite repulsed and feel very disrespected if that even comes into the matter. First accident I fucked up, I know. Second accident, not my fault what so ever. Hit a ditch or hit a truck, I chose the ditch seeing it looked softer then a mid 90's CK 15000 Z71 Chevrolet Truck did, I believe I was right too.

The fact that you two would bring that up is insulting, the last thing I want is someone on my case about this. How bout this, stay out of my threads from now on, cause plainly you have no respect what so ever.

I've already contacted a lawyer in this incident, a girl we ride with is his paralegal. She has given me several things he can be charged with and said it's an easy $100,000+ Lawsuit. Not to many trucks fit that discription around there, not only that people in that town cant seem to mind there own business. We should have a suspect by the end of next week.

I'm on a god damn angry head hunt. That son of a bitch almost killed my wife, I swear to god I'll find his ass if it's the last thing I do. It'd been one thing had I been alone. But I wasn't, once you cross the line of including my family you've already rocked the boat to far, this boat has sunk........

·
Registered
558 Posts
*pours out a little liquor*

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
swerve is a good thing. /shrug

respect.........:lol, what becuase you have a 600RR you want respect.. crashing 2 times in as many mos. doesn't earn you respect.

your concern for your wife is overwhelming............/sarcasm

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Evils---I just read this...I am sorry to hear about your wife Renee--I hope she gets well soon and sorry to hear about you too--glad that you are ok--the bike can always be replaced but this is about you 2!!

I hope there is someway, somehow to get that driver!!! :mad

Ok for some guys on here...I know what point you are trying to get across and I am sure Evils does too but this really isn't the thread for it. I am sure him and his wife have been quite shaken by this enough and the last thing anyone needs to hear is "I told you so" So Please do not let this get out of hand into flaming....:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The more sport bike sites I visit the more inclined I am to stop visiting. Mainly because of haters like the ones in this thread. First of all let me say I'm glad to here that both of you are ok and I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Secondly to all of you who are hating on this guy for having an accident I hate to break it to you but there are two types of ryders those that have been down and those who will go down. One of my best freinds had a very similar accident this year and has experienced some of the same [email protected]#t talking that I see on this thread and to them and all of you I say KARMA is a [email protected]#$er and I look forward to seeing your crash pics on a site and watching you have to defind yourself as ryder. Good luck with your case evil and I hope you find the guy in the truck!!!!!!

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i know this doesnt help but that sux.. i was put in the same situation when i crashed my first gixxer cornering & a damn chevy truck was oncoming swerved into my lane so i went to the outside of my lane, which was full of fucking gravel & "bam" into a ditch. I was riding solo though.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Dang Steve!!! I'm glad your ok and poor Renee!! Collar Bones suck to break and hurts like heck...

I'm with you, I'd park her for a while... seems like too many things are happening at once. I'd just take a break form it all for a while.

That's the thing about the small, winding farm roads around here, it happends to all of us with trucks or cars being in your lane. Some thing you REALLY need to keep you eyes open for.

Tell Renee that I hope she feel better soon...:(

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RACER X said:
swerve is a good thing. /shrug

respect.........:lol, what becuase you have a 600RR you want respect.. crashing 2 times in as many mos. doesn't earn you respect.

your concern for your wife is overwhelming............/sarcasm

My concern for my wife is more than you may have gathered with your low intellect and your high egotistical attitude.. Do me a favor, never post in my threads again, cause your blatantly an arrogant asshole, I would be surprised if your married or even have riding buddies. You think because your an MSF instructor your the god of motorcycles. Guess what, here's a clue for you, I hold shit on a higher level then you. Frankily your just a jackoff in my book and if I was close enough I'd pay you a visit have a man to man discussion. I knew you'd post and I knew you'd come up with some smart ass way to blame it on my bike. Go ahead try, cause it doesn't matter what fucking bike I was on I had a truck in my lane coming at me then he swerved back at me, almost took out my buddy behind me, he's a member here as well. To discuss respect I bet if I posted a poll more then 80% of the people on this board would probably say they have no respect for you. They'd just agree your a middle aged arrogant asshole who was picked on as a kid and now that your older you feel it neccessary to pick on others that you feel you have some sort of power over..... Take a look in the mirror all you'll see is a loser staring back at you.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
heard that reply plenty of time for many years on this board and others.........anyhting new..

:lol, i-net thug.........

pick on, lol, how about evaluate what you did wrong and learn. your not dead, so learn from the experience. accidents are a culmination of little events.......what could you have done to prevent this from happening again?

thats what you need to be thinking about vs what kinda plastics you wanna get.

btw, married, met her on this very board, and she rides and does trackdays as well. and no crashes for her either. friends. plenty. more then you could fathom.

another class this weekend. :cool:

i'm not your mom or dad, they're there to say, sorry it happened.

as for respect......i get respect from people that i respect, considering this board is over run w/ noobs right now. they don't have respect for other's that might tell them things they don't like......BFD.

been here for 4yrs....ain't going anywere.........there's always the ignore feature, many hve tried.....but they all come back

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
damn evil, im sorry about what happend to u and ur wife.. get well soon..

im glad i dont live in kentucky, even though im 45 mins. from the borderline..

im guessing the chevy guy was some drunkass bitch who wanted to kill a motorist.. find this guy and make his day a blooody living hell..

evil, whenever u get ur bike back together , hit me up on PM and i could meet u at the tennessee/kentucky borderline? someday..

get well soon!!!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.