Sport Bikes banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding. Finally getting around to fixing the last of the damage from my lowside a few months ago. I started small, and before I knew it, the dam thing was in pieces.

I gotta replace the guage bracket, LT footrest, LT rear side cowl and rear center cowl. Figured since it was raining all week here in Orlando, it'd be a good time to get it done.

Just in case anybody was wondering what a naked K6 looks like (hint, hint, Sherwin), here you go.

Hopefully by the time the parts come in, I'll remeber how it all goes back together. :banana

Josh

·
Registered
419 Posts
NinjaBuc said:
Hopefully by the time the parts come in, I'll remeber how it all goes back together. :banana

Josh
That's why I have a little box for each set of screw/bolts I take out (fairings, sprocket cover, etc.) that's labeled with where they go. I've been down that road before, and it sucks not knowing where bolts/screws go. Good luck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acalliste said:
Does this mean I get my tag bracket back? :banana
Actually....yes it does. The parts I need for that have come off of back-order. I should have them by Thursday. End result was 7 bills for the parts, in addition to the $400 I already spent. That'll teach me to lay her down. :fiddy

Josh

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, she's 100% again. Dam, that feels good.

Here's what $732.64 worth of parts look like.

All back together

New tail section

Now Tammy can have her tag bracket back, when's the next group ride?

In the end, one can really appreciate the engineering that goes into these bikes. They are held together with a minimum amount of clips and fastners, yet are held well enough for triple digit speeds. Simple to work on with just a few hands tools and sort of fun. Not that I even want to have to do this again.....

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts