Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well nearly a year after joining this forum, and riding my F4i, RACER X 's words come true...lol "your to old for a cbr get a vfr" lol, and now...well my red 05 abs model VFR will be in tue, and ready for pick up no later then thursday... hehe I managed to get about 3 1/2 hours seat time on a friends 05, man it is an awsome bike... will keep ya all posted .....and Racer x, thanks you were right

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on the bike, hope to see some pics of the new ride soon.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Working on Pics, funny thing no rain here for a bit, so the bike keeps running all over the state, I feel obligated to be on it...lol heck the only time I have to read here is before work...lol

and its a great Ride, comfy, quick,handles great.... well anyway off to work

·
Registered
355 Posts
congrats mang. i been thinkin about tradin the r6 in on one as a daily comuter.let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
544 Posts
bumpyknuckles said:
congrats mang. i been thinkin about tradin the r6 in on one as a daily comuter.let me know how it turns out.
I bought my VFR in May of this year and I love it. It is as quick as I want for the moment (no mods yet). It handles great, not like an R6, but close enough for me. I'm not quite confident yet in the twisties, though. It feels a little heavy, but this is my first "sport-ish" bike.
My first bike (last year) was a Guzzi Breva 750, which was so unexciting, that I kept riding my wife's Ninja 500!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked mine up 9 days ago and have 860 miles on it. Last bike was a 2002 919. I'm getting used to the VFR's linked brakes. Engine is not as smooth and doesn't have the low end grunt the 919 has. VFR suspension is much better. Have taken 3 150+ miles trips with the VFR and it is a comfortable tripper. Overall a more refined bike then the 919. The wife is just begining to forgive me.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought a new 2005 VFR last week. Made a great deal. First sport bike. Love it. Rides OK with my wife on back, and a total blast alone. My 'fast as you can go' motorcycle days are behind me so I wanted something stable, predictable and still fun to expand my abilities on. Most of my go fast riding was motocross and most of my street riding was on a police bike (hope nobody hates the cops too bad here). Retired now. Still have a lot to learn about the Interceptor. Hope to run it on the strip and at a road course for grins. Also, looking for a good bike for my wife. Thinking Ninja 500, Suzuki 650, or similar.

·
Livin' the dream
589 Posts
The interceptor will probably be my next bike. I think they are a beautiful machine. Love the exhaust on those things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts