Sport Bikes banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
haha thanks Matt - I feel the same way about your riding whenever we ride together :)

Thx for the vid! I tend to agree with arctic and I know that comparing Canon and Nikon is like comparing the supersports - they are all fucking awesome and it really won't make any difference which one you choose. It's just that so many pros of the ranks of Annie Leibovitz, Joe McNally, Jay Maisel, etc are all Nikon users and I don't really know any famous Canon users. Makes you wonder if it's dumb luck, good marketing or just better equipment.
Marketing. Pros use whoever gives them $$$$$ of free lenses/bodies. If no one gives that to them for marketing, most don't really advertise it. I see more Canon stuff in the professional settings personally, and more Nikon for hobbyiest/family photogs. But that's what I've seen in person. I chose canon because I got a good deal on my Rebel XT. Had I found a good deal on a d3000, I probably would be a Nikon shooter. Canon does have the edge on the DSLR Video technology though.

I'm not sure...but I'd love to get my hands on one of these.

Ouch. Open the wallet, turn it over and don't stop till there's no money left. Then repeat once it fills up again.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Battery grip. Nice. Now people will think you're a professional.

You ever notice how if you have a big camera everyone dives out of the way if they think they're in the shot? If you have a P&S, most don't care, or they'll say sorry and gradually move.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
thats part of my reason for getting it ha. the 'pro' look but really for the extra battery space and the ability to shoot portrait without having to twist my hand over the top. it also adds some weight which will help balance the camera with longer lenses on.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Today most photographers keep with the same brand because of the cost of glass. I have way to much invested in glass to change brand. I finally have all the glass I need for my style of photography. Only the top professionals get free stuff, being in the club does get you some free rental time.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Found this little guy hanging out on my truck. He was originally laying on the top rail of the bed with half his body laying in one of the holes. I didn't think to take a picture then. I'm thinking he crawled into the tree above and then fell.

He finally got tired of me messing with him and crawled under the house. I grabbed him as he was about halfway under and tried to pull him out but he must have grabbed something. They are surprisingly strong and I didn't want to hurt him.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts