Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other thread was having some sort of issue, not sure if it was because so many images are in a single thread or what, but I decided to close and start a new one. And to create a new sub-forum for our resident photographers.

You can post any pics in Shutter Bugs except X-rated ones. Please keep those in the Cubby Hole.

Thanks and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, hopefully we all know the difference between gratuitous p0rn/vulgarity, and artistic expression. ;) If you have something beautiful or artistic that you think belongs here and not in the cubby hole, then post it. We can deal with them on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Haha, I was just being a smart ass. If somehow I come across someone willing to pose nude and the shots turn out, I'd for sure post 'em up.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I was wondering where the photography thread went. It took me till now to figure out that you made a subforum here instead of in Open forums. I'm a bit slow...

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about that. I added a link to the last post in that thread in case anyone else gets lost. :)

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I haven't posted in a while so here are a couple street shots.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Anyone hear about the Nikon D4 yet? Sounds like it's going to be an amazing camera.

D4 Digital SLR Camera | SLR Digital Cameras

This new flagship offers speed and accuracy with a 16.2 MP FX-format CMOS sensor, 10 fps continuous shooting, a 91,000-Pixel RGB sensor and Advanced SRS, improved 51 point AF System, ISO expanded to 204,800 and 1080p video at 30p with stereo sound.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Yeah pretty much. My favorite feature of the D4 is the built in time-lapse mode. No need for an external remote.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
well i can go out n buy a $30ish intervalometer for my d7000 which will do the same thing. the nice part is the camera outputs as a video file(from my understanding). so no editing required afterwards.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm really curious how the D4 compares to the latest 1Dx. For some reason all the good photographers that I know use Nikon. There must be a reason for that I guess. Sometimes I wish I didn't buy so much Canon shit already :/

I know, I know. It's like motorcycles - it's not the camera but the photographer that matter but still :twofinger

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I think Nikon has been known for better low light performance, but not positive.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I just found this as well:

Nikon D4 vs. Canon EOS 1DX | News | TechRadar

Shooting speed
Aiming the cameras squarely at sports photographers shooting the Olympics, speed is of course the essence. It's the 1DX that wins in the shooting speed stakes, offering a maximum of 14fps on the Super High-speed setting. The D4 meanwhile can shoot at up to 11fps. It's possible that 14fps could make all the difference when attempting to photograph split-second action.

It's worth noting here that exposure and focusing is locked with the first frame on both cameras at the highest shooting rates.
I guess that explains why you usually see white lenses at sport events and nowhere else.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Damn, Rado you take some cool photos. I dont think I haven't been impressed with one of your shots you post on facebook or here lol

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
aLive, Canon still has the lion's share of the market, but Nikon is catching up. Both platforms are great, and neither one has any signficant advantages over the other. In all reality, unless you're shooting a nighttime football game under a streetlight and need 1/4000s shutter speed, you won't ever use that ISO204000 or whatever. Low light is equally good, unless you're a pixel peeper weenie. I don't think either company makes something good enough to sell everything and start fresh with.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
The thing the D4 has that the Canon doesn't(that I'm aware of) is a silent shutter mode. Meaning you should(sure it will still depend on the place) be able to bring the camera and take pictures at places where cameras have previously been banned due to 'distracting' noise.

if you have a free 30 mins this is a pretty good video review of the D4.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Damn, Rado you take some cool photos. I dont think I haven't been impressed with one of your shots you post on facebook or here lol
haha thanks Matt - I feel the same way about your riding whenever we ride together :)

The thing the D4 has that the Canon doesn't(that I'm aware of) is a silent shutter mode. Meaning you should(sure it will still depend on the place) be able to bring the camera and take pictures at places where cameras have previously been banned due to 'distracting' noise.

if you have a free 30 mins this is a pretty good video review of the D4.

NIKON D4 Preview - YouTube
Thx for the vid! I tend to agree with arctic and I know that comparing Canon and Nikon is like comparing the supersports - they are all fucking awesome and it really won't make any difference which one you choose. It's just that so many pros of the ranks of Annie Leibovitz, Joe McNally, Jay Maisel, etc are all Nikon users and I don't really know any famous Canon users. Makes you wonder if it's dumb luck, good marketing or just better equipment.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts