2) Me and my buddy Tim
3) AMA Superstock @ Turn 4
4) Hayden leading out of Turn 4
5) Biaggi leading Capirossi out of Turn 4

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Not to hijack but...

Today at work a co-worker mentioned that her son went to Laguna Seca - AS A VIP GUEST of Red Bull. They flew him down, paid for lodging, took him to and from the raceway in a helicopter, had him in the booth, visiting riders, etc.

He WAS a salesman at the local Yamaha dealership. When the Red Bull rep asked him to go, he asked his supervisor for two days off. The sup denied it (dick!) so the guy quit on the spot and then had a great time at Laguna.

·
Registered
78 Posts
so it's not on a bike....but I did get to spend three amazing days racing around the track. These are from my 3-Day Skip Barber Racing School...the best 3 days of my life! Diving into turn 2 at 100+mph and being told to go full throttle at the top of the corkscrew....nothing else like it.

Sorry, I know it's technically off topic, but I had to brag. :neener

Attachments

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
^^^ That is TOO cool - how much did that cost you?

I'd like to take Bob Bondurant's course with the Corvettes and Cadillacs at Las Vegas. I would also like do an executive protection course too (since I live overseas a lot, offensive driving might be a good skill to have)

·
Registered
78 Posts
see....now this is where you guys start hating me. It only cost me the airfare/hotel there. I won the racing school throught Road & Track Magazine. They had a giveaway for a new Mazdaspeed Miata (I drive a '96 Miata now)...I figured, "I'll take a new Miata". I didn't win the grand prize but the runner-up prize was the Skip Barber 3-Day Racing School....at any track they were at. Since I drive a Mazda...and we all know how awesome Laguna Seca is...it was an easy choice.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I have a TON of pics that the bf took. But we're waiting on the "print quality" pictures. These are crap, grainy pics for some odd reason. They were taken with a 35mm.

The highlight for me the whole trip was prolly getting to meet Mick Doohan!!! All wind blown, sun burnt and looking like shit, but I didn't care!

I'll have more pics tomorrow of the race and qualifying.

Attachments

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
^^^ Which one are you? :bitchslap

MMemphis, you're right. I hate you now.

Damn! What a piece of luck! That is too cool. A bazillion people must have entered that contest. It's nice to know some facelss shlub from the internet won it. :phatyo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts