1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
somehow, the Z1000 has found a way to get uglier every time they redesign it.
no undertail exhaust on the VFR is criminal, other updates are sweet.
The CBR1000SP sounds pretty freakin wicked (very cool to see Honda not throwing a bunch of driver aids on, and instead doing some cool suspension work)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I was pissed that I had just bought a new bike when I read new VFR800, but then I saw "No US release planned" and felt better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
somehow, the Z1000 has found a way to get uglier every time they redesign it.
no undertail exhaust on the VFR is criminal, other updates are sweet.
The CBR1000SP sounds pretty freakin wicked (very cool to see Honda not throwing a bunch of driver aids on, and instead doing some cool suspension work)
God bless an undertail exhaust on a SSA bike. The looks, loss of weight and +TC is cool, though. (This winter will have me trimming down my VFR, weight wise. [Goodbye stock exhaust system and PAIR bullshit.] So I can dig that Honda did that for a reason.)

Shame I'll never see or ride one. :(

Agree about the Z and CBR1ksp, though. About time a Japanese manufacturer went 'R' or 'S' version, in this case 'SP'. Them going monoposto is pretty interesting. I'm sure Kawi won't be far behind...

Everything else so far is 'nice' or 'good' or 'meh', but those all stand out.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I really like the new BMW naked S1000R, very cool looking, should be fun to ride.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
So the KTM 390 is on the front page of the US Website.

Come on, KTM. Don't screw this up and price it too high...

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
fuck I want that bike!
I think they can get away with pricing it higher than the Kawi and Honda competition, if it comes with some nice bits n pieces. seriously, no one sells an upscale, "track ready" (if you will) small bike. And that looks like KTMs goal with this one.

and it could seriously, really work.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
fuck I want that bike!
I think they can get away with pricing it higher than the Kawi and Honda competition, if it comes with some nice bits n pieces. seriously, no one sells an upscale, "track ready" (if you will) small bike. And that looks like KTMs goal with this one.

and it could seriously, really work.
I agree. It should cost more than the Ninja or CBR, but I just hope they don't over-do it. It will be made in India, so production costs should be low.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

They already screwed it up, with those headlights, and duck bill below it. Everything else looks good.

The CBR1000RR will also have engine work. moar powah!

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh snap, ya got me. But you have to look at it when you are approaching it.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts

Race fairings. /end complaint

Drooooooool.

KTM priced the duke 390 in Australia at $6500. Oz always severely increases the price compared to what we pay here in the states. If I recall correctly, a regular Daytona 675 there is about $16k, compred to $11,500ish here in the states.

This is something that I am going to seriously consider. The wife want's a motorcycle, this could fit the bill. I would just happen to use it for a commuter when she wasn't riding it...

Or, more likely, the Duke 390. Biggest issue is the seat height. I'd probably have to get it down about an inch and a half for her.

Looks like they didn't neuter the Duke 390 much compared to the RC. 25mm extra suspension travel up front, a little longer wheelbase.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'd sell my cruiser and buy that bike in a second. If they're even available. If that bike comes stateside, they'd sell a shitload of em.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was super happy to see them on the US website. If they can keep the RC under 340 wet, that would be outstanding. More weight can be shed after the purchase with some aftermarket parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts