Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed we have a few musicians on the board... Anyone know where I can get a deal on an amp. I'm looking for a line6 Flextone III (XL or Plus) hopefully with a shortboard. I've been hitting ebay, and they seem to be going for only a few bucks cheaper than what I can get new at Guitar Center. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW: I'm thinking it might be fun to get together and jam from time to time once the cold weather moves in and ride time starts to diminish... any takers? I miss it, and trying to get back into the whole music scene after so many years of nothing is a bit more difficult without a couple guys that share the passion to kick it with once in a while.
 

·
50cc's of Honda power!
Joined
·
793 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
davisa... I just went to check your profile to see if you mention anything about playing guitar (I never heard you mention it, but your post got me curious)... dude, you crack me up!!!
Davisa
Biography:
posting nude pics of myself on hotornot.com, long walks on the beach with teddy bears, smoking rock.
Location:
milwaukee
Interests:
time travel, visiting other planets, chasing my tail.
Occupation:
Photographer/Editor of "Water St. Pimp Weekly"
Sportbike:
'78 huffy beach cruiser with banana seat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
Gotta Love 'em

Well, I am not sure about your amp preference, but I have a friend, that is a lil wierd and sits in his parents basement all day, and desperately needs sun, but he is a genious and he widdles guitars and makes home made amps that he has made for many a famous person......might be worth looking into....if you are interested I can get you his digits....

Cj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
Jokertlr said:
What famous people?
I forget....I only half listen to people...I know fershure it was the deftones.....I'll ask him.
 

·
50cc's of Honda power!
Joined
·
793 Posts
SqwaMaster said:
davisa... I just went to check your profile to see if you mention anything about playing guitar (I never heard you mention it, but your post got me curious)... dude, you crack me up!!!
i read your post then went to another board looking for something else and i found that. i dont play the guitar but i thought maybe youd benefit from it.

you crack me up too. i remember on the old sb.n someone had asked about a helmet and you posted something that had me rolling. i dont remember what you said anymore but it was LOLable.

i just remembered! you had mentioned getting a diving bell for a helmet. did they want a unique helmet nobody else has? something vintage looking? i dont remember exactly but picturing someone riding a bike with a diving bell on cracked me up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
davisa said:
i read your post then went to another board looking for something else and i found that. i dont play the guitar but i thought maybe youd benefit from it.

you crack me up too. i remember on the old sb.n someone had asked about a helmet and you posted something that had me rolling. i dont remember what you said anymore but it was LOLable.

i just remembered! you had mentioned getting a diving bell for a helmet. did they want a unique helmet nobody else has? something vintage looking? i dont remember exactly but picturing someone riding a bike with a diving bell on cracked me up.
I miss you and lisa.... :cry
 

·
50cc's of Honda power!
Joined
·
793 Posts
sexNstillettos said:
I miss you and lisa.... :cry
awww shucks...

and im not sure if lisa will be out tuesday or wednesday either. she sprained her foot up north trying to run on the wet grass. everyday she gets a new blue and purple spot somewhere on it. looks funky but she said its getting better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
davisa said:
awww shucks...

and im not sure if lisa will be out tuesday or wednesday either. she sprained her foot up north trying to run on the wet grass. everyday she gets a new blue and purple spot somewhere on it. looks funky but she said its getting better.
Kiss it for me and make it better! Or just tell her I said HI...

I will be out tomorrow, but prolly not wednesday until laters if I can meet up with you all after Kickball - - so Maybe I will see you sometime this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Tom.
I'm currently bidding on two of them on ebay, but it is not likely I will end up with either of them.

Scott, yeah we need to set something up. It'd be nice if we could pull in a bassist and 2nd guitar for a sweet little 5 piece jam session just sharing some little riffs and stuff.

Davisa, I threw that link in my favs so I can check it out more when I'm digging for chords. I cannot remember the helmet post, but I still remember the knight/jousting costume idea, and would totally love to get my hands on a suit of armor to come out riding in. I used to spring break down at Padre Island and we would shoot over to mexico for a day. I remember them selling these old tin looking suits of armor (life size statues) for cheap at the markets. I was thinking I could rip one of those appart and fashion myself a custom deal out of the pieces. I'd just have to fur out my bike to look like a horse so I don't scratch the heck out of it with my tin clad legs.... I'd also have to change my screen name to "the tin man".

CJ, I'm curious about this guy you know, as I have a friend that I get together with once in a while that collects vintage guitars and one of them was made for him by a local guy that builds guitars and amps by hand and does some incredible work... I don't have pockets deep enough for that sort of thing and I'm looking for more of a modeling amp that will give me more variety in tones without adding a ton of seperate effects. I want something I can get clean tones for playing at church, but still have all the dirty tones for grunging out in basements, and wacky effect combos for the silly moods. But I am curious if the guy you know is the same guy my friend knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
SqwaMaster said:
CJ, I'm curious about this guy you know, as I have a friend that I get together with once in a while that collects vintage guitars and one of them was made for him by a local guy that builds guitars and amps by hand and does some incredible work... I don't have pockets deep enough for that sort of thing and I'm looking for more of a modeling amp that will give me more variety in tones without adding a ton of seperate effects. I want something I can get clean tones for playing at church, but still have all the dirty tones for grunging out in basements, and wacky effect combos for the silly moods. But I am curious if the guy you know is the same guy my friend knows.
His name is Bob Hempe. He is my landlords brother.....cool dude - an amazing artist, musically and in his craft of making guitars and amps, but a lil off in a social way. He has the potiential to be a millionaire with all his skill but he is his own prison...a perfectionist that thinks things are never good enough.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top