Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm off to Presbyterian in the morning to have spinal ligation surgery and my radial nerve relocated. I lowsided when my peg caught the gator teeth on the back striaght kink at VIR South March of last year. Anywho, I ended up out in the grass with a compression fracture of C7/C8. This lead to a pinched radial nerve, numb right hand and fingers.

I've been working with a pysical therapist with little results. So after putting if off again and again, I'm finally gonna have it fixed. One good thing has come from all this crap. I met my girlfriend; who just happens to be my neurologist.

Anydamn, I've gotta go and take this nasty ass medication for something. My g/f says I'll be in the hospital for 3 or 4 days and down for like a week. Then, depending on how the therapy goes, everything should get better in a few weeks.

Well, you guys take care and ride safe. And I hope to be talking with you soon.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
see there's always a silver lineing....
best of luck with the surgery :cheers

·
Registered
487 Posts
GOOD luck stay off your feet for a while. Nothing a comfortable bed, some football, and a case of beer cant cure. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take care....Get well soon!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello everyone. First off, I want to say thank you for all the thoughts. Brett wanted me to come on here and let you all know that things are going well. Oh, this is his girlfriend Challise. He's talked about the people here being nice and supportive of everyone and said I should come on look around.

The surgery went well. The only hitch was a complication coming out of anesthesia. He's still in traction to relieve some pressure resulting from tissue swelling around the area where we relocated the radial nerve. He should be discharged in two or three days.

Again, thank everyone for there thoughts and I'll be droping back in soon as things progress.

Take care,

Challise

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
get well soon, glad the surgery went well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again everyone. :)

MV5890 said:
Hey Challise. Tell him that we all miss him and hope he's back up to par soon :)
I will definitely tell him. I hope so too. It's wierd to see him not going a million miles an hour. I have never seen a person get so much done in one day. Today all he wanted to know was when he could get started with physical therapy and how soon he could get back to work. I told him just to calm down and have a cookie.

Take care,

Challise

1 - 13 of 13 Posts