Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been fun riding the streets but for now with my limited time off work and wanting to maximize my time with my boys I've sold my beloved Z and gotten a dirt bike. Both my boys also have offroad toys so now when daddy wants to go ride, he gets to take his boys along.

I'm happy with my choice, and glad to still be on two wheels, but I'm gonna miss the Z.

Pics to be posted as they are taken, provided anyone's interested. I note that there doesn't seem to be a section for dirt bikes.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Sounds like I am too late, but you can't beat a dual sport.

Reactions: Electrical_Tech

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would have liked one, had one before and that's what started me off on Street riding. We are focusing on purely offroad riding for now. Maybe in a couple of years, maybe even next year, I may go the dual sport route again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey,good stuff.Time riding with the kids is always well worth the trade.
Time wise though,I just switched back to street after a 15 dirt hiatus-mostly due to time limitations.I found dirt much more time consuming re cleaning,fixing,maintaining trucking to the track etc.Great fun though,I still miss it.Enjoy.:)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've done this, minus the kids. And I ended up back on the street. It was just too inconvenient to go riding.

Now that I have a little guy on the way, we'll see if I change my mind again in a few years.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
A very noble choice. And when it's time, the kids can learn the street with you.

I just wish my son wanted to ride, dirt or street.

Reactions: Electrical_Tech

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Well, unlike AC and Alawicious, I dont' have a family and I don't understand the feeling, what I do know and what I understand is that I can't live without a streetbike...

Well, I also understand that it is not worth riding when your heart is not on it.

So I hope to see you back on the streets, soon, and in the meantime, enjoy the time with the kids!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I have a late 80s MX175 if you wanna make the drive. :eek:nfloor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts