Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where there are trails or tracks that are within a couple hours that are worth going to for some dirtbike riding? The only thing i know of is Bong and Aztalan. Is there anything else out there? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Bong kind of sucks, Aztalan looks cool from the expressway.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well you really need to expand to about 3 to 5 hours drive (speeding maybe required to meet the 3 to 4 hours). But there are some riding areas in northern Illinois around Rockford try www.kitracksatv.com . Then head up to Wisconsin Rapids area to Dyracuse which has trails and a motocross and super cross track, try checking out Black River Falls area. Then you can try the Badlands in Indiana a 600 acre park which has all kinds of terrain. If you are into sand I recommend Silver Lake Dunes in lower Michigan just north of Muskegon.

For more track information visit www.cycleusa.com and you will then be able to locate all the motorcycle/ATV tracks from Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

May I ask what you ride, maybe we could hook up and ride together sometime?
I ride ATV's, they are more accepted up north and can go along roads where dirt bikes can not (legally that is).

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Jokertlr said:
Bong kind of sucks, Aztalan looks cool from the expressway.
Yeah, but you can't get on the track. You have to be a member of the club and they only allow a certain number of members each year.....good luck trying to get on that one. I need to find some dirt as well...the knobbies are coming back out on my YZ... :lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ShaneTbolt said:
May I ask what you ride, maybe we could hook up and ride together sometime?
I ride ATV's, they are more accepted up north and can go along roads where dirt bikes can not (legally that is).
thanks for the info man, i appreciate it. I actually dont have anything right now, but i grew up on that stuff and would like to get something for the wife and me to go play around on. She has her motorcycle liscense but doesnt want to ride on the street so this is the only other alternative. If i could find some places that were close enough driving distance, i would really consider buying some bikes for us. I just dont want to drop the cash and not be able to use them at all.

If there were more places to use them though, i would buy two bikes in a heartbeat. :)

I have looked on the DNR website and stuff for trails and most of them just accomodate ATV's and no bikes. It kind of sucks. :eek:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blndebmbr said:
Yeah, but you can't get on the track. You have to be a member of the club and they only allow a certain number of members each year.....good luck trying to get on that one.
i have also heard this. And to be a member is pretty pricey also and you have to attend a certain amount of races and help out. i dont know about all that....

I have also heard that Bong sucks. I heard from a guy at work its getting way too crowded now also.

Its pretty frustrating cause i would really like to get a couple bikes for us, but there is no where convenient to use them.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
The saving grace is that the ice is coming...I know, I am torn though....It is so kick ass to get out on the ice with studded tires....good fun!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
jspecracer said:
thanks for the info man, i appreciate it. I actually dont have anything right now, but i grew up on that stuff and would like to get something for the wife and me to go play around on. She has her motorcycle liscense but doesnt want to ride on the street so this is the only other alternative. If i could find some places that were close enough driving distance, i would really consider buying some bikes for us. I just dont want to drop the cash and not be able to use them at all.

If there were more places to use them though, i would buy two bikes in a heartbeat. :)

I have looked on the DNR website and stuff for trails and most of them just accomodate ATV's and no bikes. It kind of sucks. :eek:
If you want easy trail riding to get Des into the swing of things Bong would be a good choice. The reason I don't like it is because it is realitively small (ie gets boring quick) and not really that challenging unless it rains but then it is a mud bog. For someone starting out it would be nice though. And its only probably about a half hour from your door, or maybe a little bit farther.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jokertlr said:
If you want easy trail riding to get Des into the swing of things Bong would be a good choice. The reason I don't like it is because it is realitively small (ie gets boring quick) and not really that challenging unless it rains but then it is a mud bog. For someone starting out it would be nice though. And its only probably about a half hour from your door, or maybe a little bit farther.
yeah, thats true. I should drive over there once and check it out and see what its all about. It would be nice to have a couple more areas to go to though that are close within an hour or two just for a variety. Cause like you are saying, after a bit that one place will get really boring.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Oh I just thought of a track on the south end of Fondulac that you can ride on, no trails though. Heading north you can catch a glimps of it from the expressway on the left like 1/4 to 1/2 mile b-4 Mercury Marine if you know where to look. I wish I could tell you more like the name or contact info. I have never been there, just know about it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Valley moto cross track is 5 min north of the lomira quad graphics plant, Jumps table tops and whoopties, About another 20 min north there is another track called Fon du lac ohv park. This track also has jumps table tops but no whoopties. Both of these tracks will wear you out after about ten laps. They both are alot of fun and under and hour from milwaukee.

Valley....$25.00 join fee...$15.00 entrance
Fon du lac......$15.00 entrance no join fee

·
Registered
586 Posts
Black river Falls. Longer drive but great forest state dirtbike trails everywhere. Labor day and Memorial day are huge dirtbike events up there. I need someone to ride with too. I have a xr250 enduro. Not really fast, but fast enough to hurt me and fun, and it's street legal, so the streets are no problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts