Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OESaccesories frame sliders on EBay?

Anyone tried these on their bikes?

They look alright to me, are Delrin and mostly are US$38!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...tegoryZ35580QQitemZ4569210416QQrdZ1QQtcZphoto

Could probably get them here for around C$65 -70. The Yamaha frame sliders are around C$245 (tax in). And being offset, they break (see picture...) Frame slider is on tank bag...

Should I order 1-3/4" or 2" ?

Thanks.

In case you're wondering, this is the bike of fellow poster Drachnyen. Was not hurt at all, drove home with us at 140 km-h, cosmetic damage only and bike was declared total loss...

Attachments

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I bought this frame slider, they are very well made. Very solid feeling and have grade 8 bolts I believe. There is a metal piece that is pressed into the plastic so that the base is stiffened greatly, and the delrin block is just the right size.

1300+ reviews and 100% positive feedback. He shipped them that day and they arrived in a couple days. Excellent service.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just ordered mine. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I've got a set on my F4i. LOVE THEM! Well made slider, grade 8 bolts, etc, etc.

Get the 2" - it will help to take the hit if you need it and they slow the bike down more in a slide (surface area).

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Whats the point of a frame slider if it snaps off in a fall anyways? Wouldnt you want it to stay on the bike so it can keep protecting the frame and engine as it slides?

·
Face is a Maserati!!!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
killernoodle said:
Whats the point of a frame slider if it snaps off in a fall anyways? Wouldnt you want it to stay on the bike so it can keep protecting the frame and engine as it slides?
Well that's just it. They're not sipposed to break off. The Yamaha slider, for some reason, is offset ie. the slider doesn't sit over the bolt!?! Must be a design reason but results in a weaker assembly. All the others I see are staright!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
killernoodle said:

Some companies make offset brackets so that you don't have to drill the fairings.

As you pointed out, its useless to put them on because they brake and the slider does nothing for you.

·
Yeah it's fast...
913 Posts
just a heads up, these sliders are not the best choice for the FZ6. Alot of the companies selling sliders on eBay for our bike dont actually test them on the bike. As for these sliders, I purchased them and after installing them and testing them I was pretty dissapointed. They are to short on the clutch side to protect the stator cover, most of the "b*****" companies(ie FS6, LSL) made the clutch side longer to account for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts