Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
We don't need traction control...i believe this is one reason why gp and sbk isn't as exciting...thankfully f1 has decided to go away with it and i'm pretty sure sbk and gp will do the same. The danger part of riding appeals to me a bit, nothing like locking up the rear to straighten u out and make u a better rider.

·
Registered
571 Posts
MadMax said:
We don't need traction control...i believe this is one reason why gp and sbk isn't as exciting...thankfully f1 has decided to go away with it and i'm pretty sure sbk and gp will do the same. The danger part of riding appeals to me a bit, nothing like locking up the rear to straighten u out and make u a better rider.
This is absurd.

So as long as one can turn off the traction control completely, I am all for this idea. An extra net of safety on the street is always a good thing. I prefer to lock up the rear and make myself a better rider when circumstances permit (track) as opposed to public roads.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I wish MotoGP would go back to the 500 days. It took a real man with real skills to ride a 500 to victory.

·
Registered
571 Posts
R1oldguy said:
ummm, traction control won't stop you from locking up the rear wheel there Rossi.
:lao

I got caught up in his example and completely forgot about this obviously incorrect detail. Yes, we are talking about traction control, not ABS.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Traction control and ABS certainly aren't needed on 180 HP bikes. Most street riders are too skilled to need either of those two technologies.

We have what's known as a "throttle", and a "brake" lever, and that's all that real men need on a bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
andyM said:
I wish MotoGP would go back to the 500 days. It took a real man with real skills to ride a 500 to victory.
the 4 stroke era would require just as much skill if the bike was as raw. But with the TC and other added electronic they are not unfortunately. A 990cc MotoGP bike with no TC would be awesome! Instead we get a 800cc TC bike :(

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'd be happy to have TC on my bike. Hell, I wouldn't even care if it were switchable. There is no valid reason whatsoever when riding on public roads to NEED to light up the rear.

Track bikes, that's a different story and I totally understand why folks that track their bike would want it switchable.

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
There is no valid reason whatsoever when riding on public roads to NEED to light up the rear.
Well...when my tires get to where they need replacing...I like to send them to the grave with a smokey funeral! :banana

((But its not something I really *need*...its just fun.))

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Parabellum said:
Well...when my tires get to where they need replacing...I like to send them to the grave with a smokey funeral! :banana

((But its not something I really *need*...its just fun.))

:lao

Yeah that's why I used the word NEED, and just in the context of my own riding. I'm not advocating nonswitchable TC for others (personal liberty and accountability and all that), just saying it wouldn't really matter to me. I'd always leave it on anyway.

·
Gixxer Nerd
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Choco said:
this is nothing new....yamaha and suzuki have similar systems in place, a rather primitive traction control.
If you refer to the A,B,C mode in the Suzuki 1000K7 that is just different engine maps, no big deal. What Kawa is doing is actually sensing rear wheel slippage and stopping it by cutting the needed amount of power to the engine. If you ever highsided you would understand...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts