·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, nice if you like to pay for a bike you'll never get! Haha :bs

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome to last summer..! (j/k)....

Try a search for Harley, you'll find 20+ scams like this one on the FIRST PAGE ALONE!...

There must be literally 100's of auctions like this one going on RIGHT NOW, and eBay doesn't give a shit.

Buyer beware... if someone is getting burned on things like this after its been going on for a year, they deserve to be taken.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Houston_Rider said:
Buyer beware... if someone is getting burned on things like this after its been going on for a year, they deserve to be taken.
but what if its someone who is unaware of these scams and are new to ebay or some other online auction? do they still deserve it?
i still admit that youd have to be pretty dumb to believe they are actually gunna sell it for one damn dollar(starting bid)
lol

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
IJustWannaRide said:
but what if its someone who is unaware of these scams and are new to ebay or some other online auction? do they still deserve it?
i still admit that youd have to be pretty dumb to believe they are actually gunna sell it for one damn dollar(starting bid)
lol

you need a bike. why dont you buy it? j/k. it is a nice bike. :alky

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, but look at the sort of things the seller buys and sells. Most of the items I checked were plates and photos. Part of the scam is that people hijack accounts with good feedback.

·
Banned
912 Posts
I hate to brake it but this one is not a scam. If this is the same bike I went to look at in SC the former owner died in a car crash and his parents are trying to get ride of the bike. The owner paid for the bike and they have the title!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
marsolais said:
I hate to brake it but this one is not a scam. If this is the same bike I went to look at in SC the former owner died in a car crash and his parents are trying to get ride of the bike. The owner paid for the bike and they have the title!

i'll put up $10 for it. bet you can't beat that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here are some rules of thumb I would follow.

1. If the seller is in the US, why are they selling in dollars Canadian?
2. Why under description do they have to say that there was a translation?
3. (Not in this case) Why is the seller brand new (usually opened account same day as auction started)?

If I see any of these, I avoid the auction like the plague!!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
wouldnt it suck if some one got that bike for $1.00 and it wasent you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts