Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I will be getting my motorcycle permit in a few months, now i know all of the states have different systems But i wanted to see how you got your permit, how did the overall written test seem to you? Hard, Easy? And what type of questions would be on the test, any little tips would help out the newer riders and people who are applying for their permit ! :flipa

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
This is America, there's no such thing as a hard driving test. I rode like shit for my test on a bike I had not ridden before and I passed with flying colors.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
you need a test for a permit?

I walked in, said I need a motorcycle permit...
'
'He said that will be $7. Printed it out and blam I had my permit... its the License that they test you for.

This was in PA.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm thats odd, i was reading up on dmv for new jersey you must pass a written test to obtain a permit, its probably different....

·
Registered
283 Posts
!!!Kennedy!!! said:
Hmm thats odd, i was reading up on dmv for new jersey you must pass a written test to obtain a permit, its probably different....
Got to your DMV website, download the motorcycle manual. Read through it while you're stuck in the fucking 3 hour line at the stupid DMV, you'll pass the test VERY easily, because you'll have enough time to read it six times :mad:

The DMV annoys me, although recently it has been very nice to me, probably because I stopped going in the afternoon at the end of the month on a weekend.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well for me since I took the MSF course before going to apply for permit, I just did the eye exam, paid the fee, finger print, etc.. and took the written test and got my license right there. I failed the first written test but I took it again the next day and finally passed. You could only miss four out of like... two pages of questions.

If you have lots of practice exams... those are probably the best way to study... on my test they asked lots of specific questions that you would have to search the manual for.

or maybe i just suck LOL. :nerd

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
I got my permit by having some geezer try and give me a car permit first :brick

So after a massive amount of confusion, and two--not one but count 'em, two!--tests, I was handed a 20 dollar slip of paper that basically read, "This guy survived the DMV."

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
The only part on the test I argued was the question about making yourself more visible! They ask you how to do the above and two of the options were: 1) Turn on your lights and 2) Wear bright colors.

I chose 2 because most late model bikes have the lights hardwired on at all times. I got that shit wrong and almost protested the question.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Walked in and gave the guy $10 and he gave me a permit, easy enough. PA is good that way. MSF is free too because they take money from the permit to pay for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts