Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off Topic, but I thought I'd share that my wife had our baby three weeks ago. In keeping in theme with riding the fastest FZ6 (2004 silver) we went for the fastest delivery. We pulled up at the hospital at 4:45am and the baby was out by 5:05am.... :banana

Pictures and a long detailed story (wife's idea) are available here on my website:
http://jrevans.fbody.com/family/baby_james/

Here's your virtual cigar: :boink

============***

When it gets a bit warmer, I'll be sure to get a picture of the boy on my FZ6.

·
Drunken Philosopher
947 Posts
Congrats!

:cheers

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nice work mate.

My little fella, Jake, was born 10 days ago. He caught us by surprise as well, four weeks early.

Just finished watching our first MotoGP race together. An Aussie even won for us as well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Grats! Both of mine were late so we got to schedule. Belive me when I say that you will enjoy getting up every 2-3hrs for feedings more than the terrible twos... and fours!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Grats to you.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Congrats, having kids is the greatest thing in the world.

·
Cubicle Ostrich
1,785 Posts
silverbullet said:
Nice work mate.

My little fella, Jake, was born 10 days ago. He caught us by surprise as well, four weeks early.

Just finished watching our first MotoGP race together. An Aussie even won for us as well.
Dammit!!! Spoiler alert! :twofinger

It's broadcast tomorrow evening here in the states...

Oh well it will still be fun to watch. I got to watch WSB today and the daytona 200, so that was good.

congrats btw :cheers

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Conrgats Jim! Our best to you and yours from NH! Mine are all grown up now. Enjoy them as it goes by in such a flash!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

Thanks all!

The sleeping thing hasn't been horrible so far. I can function on disjointed sleep, so I'm surviving, but my wife isn't doing as well since she needs continous sleep, plus she's nursing the baby. Since I've gone back to work, she lets me skip some of the early am feedings, but I try to help out where I can.

Having the boy might actually increase my riding time, as my wife is taking off at least 18 months from work, and soon our daughter will be home with her, instead of me having to drive her to day care / pre-school every morning. If I don't have to drop off / pick up the little girl, I can ride. :banana

It's amazing how precious children are when they are that small. This is my first child (long story, but my wife was widowed when her daughter was 8 months old) so I've never gotten to experience this before. It's incredible to just hold him with his tiny head cradled in the palm of my hand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulations on the addition to your families!! I know my own daughter (16mos) is the light of my life next to my faith and I wish the same happiness to you both!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Cute!

Congrats!

My mom has your delivery record beat. My sister was born 5 minutes after getting to the hospital.

·
the human bike-rack
419 Posts
congrats Jim to you and Donna,

Very well told story and a story worth telling too! Its a very powerful experience to be with your partner at the time of the birth of your child! You get a whole new level of respect for women at that time, but don't tell them that I said that, and then the hormones kick in and they go to mush again. (ooh I'll burn for that!)

We are still getting over the early birth of our daughter (29 weeks gest.) and that was nearly 14 years ago. Happy to say we do get mostly uninterrupted sleep though!

cheers ....kimbo

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Congrats Jim, from a local PA guy. He looks just like his daddy! His birthday is 2 days away from my daughters. She was born on Valentine's day in '05. Our son was born in June of this past year...during the Flood of '06. Then that big snowstorm this year was on my daughter's birthday. I don't know if someone is trying to tell me something?!?

Anywho, congrats and enjoy. Time flies. Seems like yesterday Ava was that small. Now she is running around and won't stop talking. Little Noah is on the verge of walking. It all goes by so fast. Take it all in.

·
I like curves.
2,090 Posts
This reminds me of a picture of my dad and me(as a baby) on his new 1986 BMW 635.

Now that car is ancient history. I wonder what the bikes will look like when your son is old enough to ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts