Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NYST Downtown Vid.

This place was AWESOME!!!! Had SUCH a great time. The event went fantastically well and the track owner seemed very pleased at the feedback he got about a major event running (for the first time) in the Downtown direction. Originally, the track was intended and designed to travel in the uptown direction, but Tony (of Tony's Track Days) thought that the downtown direction was actually a little safer.... and I think that was made apparent as we had nearly zero crashes for both days combined! I think only two, maybe three red flags the entire event and not a single injury sustained!

Anyway, back to the video... This is me following Paul Duval, former 125GP Champion up at Loudon. This was his first session on this bike after riding his KTM Motard for two days so he was still trying to figure out the bike, but I was feeling quite comfortable and we both began wicking up the pace.

Last lap looks to be about a 1:40 flat but I still held back a little bit (you can hear me backing off in a few places, especially the front straight). Once curbing is in place and they clean up a little more run-off, I think I could easily get down into the 1:35 neighborhood.

With that said, this video does NOT do this track justice. It is MUCH tighter and the elevation changes are MUCH greater than they appear. This TRUELY IS a "ROAD" course. It's like no track I've ever ridden in my life. Its tightness and elevation changes much more resemble some of my favorite New England back roads more than anything else.

SO FUN!!! :banana:banana:banana:banana

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
What a great day!
I'm so glad this track is nearly in my back yard. We were skeptical from the videos going into this trackday and left in love. Videos definitely don't do it justice
It also seems to be crazy grippy and very easy on tires.

Thanks again for the tips, I laughed watching the video seeing you use those trees

This was supposed to be a farewell shot. I didn't notice that you were in the backround, at your least flattering angle lol

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was supposed to be a farewell shot. I didn't notice that you were in the backround, at your least flattering angle lol
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:clap

Nice seeing you again. Ya looked good out there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts