Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals!

What are some good solutions to prevent your wrists from getting numb when riding? I ordered some gel grips.. but thought about maybe ordering better gloves? Anyone have experiences with grips or gloves that has helped them?

Thanks
Rob

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Shake your hands often and get the blood flowing back to them again. Get a throtle rocker. Buy gel grips. Get a pair of gloves that are padded in the palms very well. And as a last resort get some metal slug and put it in the bars and weld it up. The weight will reduce vibrations. Also try to losen up your grip on the bars.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
When mine get numb, I just shake 'em out. I'll ride with a hand on my leg for a while and that usually helps. It sucks because I figure, what the hell, I'm not an old man, this shouldn't be happening but oh well. That's why I'm looking for a bike with handlebars instead of clip-ons for my next ride.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Had the same sensation when I first started out. I just relaxed my grip on the clip-ons and it seemed to fade away. Shake hand, put hand on thigh or tank, etc.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Gel Grips will definately help a bit...padded gloves then add a bit more comfort....and all the rest of the suggestions will help as well...

·
Registered
177 Posts
you need different bars- plain and simple. heli-bars are great but a little pricey. i'd look around at some other bars on e-bay and see what you might be able to fit up. this is the exact reason i bought a ZRX...

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Hold yourself up with your back and ab muscles instead of putting all your weight on your wrists. Grip the tank with your thighs.
+1, hold on with your body, only steer with your hands.

·
Registered
401 Posts
This worked for me but my riding position is a little more upright then a rocket.

Grips
New Gloves
Losen Grip
make sure elbows are Bend

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's mostly on my right hand.. and yeah, I'd say the outside is pretty numb (but feels like my entire hand) after 20-30 minutes of riding.. my gloves are snug though.. so hopefully buying new gloves and grips will help. Like most of the posters, I just do the shake when at a stop sign..

thanks for all the good posts guys!

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
I just did 900 miles this weekend on my 03 636... no wrist pain at any point.... and my throttle clip on is buzzy as shit... usually numbness, pain, etc have to do with riding position... try to make sure ur riding correctly and dont be afraid to move around on the bike... i ride 90% of the time (on trips like that) with one hand, and that is only on the throttle with my index finger and thumb holding just enough to keep me moving

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Brown rob.. CBR clip-ons are incredibly close together. Next time youre at a bike night, compare the width of your clip-ons, with another bikes.. My wifes CBR feels like I'm trying to touch my elbows together.. then back on my 6R, it feels like I'm riding spread eagle.. The width between your clip-ons is a lot to do with it.. Like everyone said.. Gels, gloves, ect. Get a pair of Handlebar raisers too, it helps a LOT... Much more comfortable, but doesnt look obvious..
I have a pair from Gen-Mar on my wifes CBR.. looks nice, and only cost about $80. But it FEELS awesome.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I have carpal tunnel in my left (clutch) hand and it often gets numb and hurts, I do the shaking thing and open and close the hand repeatedly and it usually clears right up, and another already mentioned thing that works for me is loosening my grip.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts