Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gazetteextra.com/vendor_offender061505.asp

Ice cream truck driver charged with drunken driving

(Published Wednesday, June 15, 2005 09:50:14 AM CDT)

Associated Press

WAUKESHA, Wis. - The driver of an ice cream vending truck accused of throwing a can of malt liquor on the lawn of a New Berlin home while driving the vehicle has been charged with repeat drunken driving.

The charge was filed Tuesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court against David A. Blundell, 43, of Milwaukee, in an incident last Thursday.

The criminal complaint said homeowner Denell Heller called police when she saw a man toss an item, which turned out to be a liquor can, onto her lawn.

A police officer found the driver a short time later, the complaint said. It said the man first denied he had been drinking but, when asked a second time, admitted to drinking a beer for breakfast.

Separate tests to measure intoxication both showed his blood-alcohol concentration was more than twice the level considered evidence of intoxication, the complaint said.

Blundell was previously convicted of drunken driving in February 2001.

Authorities have also said that the driver was a registered sex offender. Rodney Jensen, whose Jensen Vending company in Milwaukee owns the ice cream truck, said he had not been aware of that status and has now fired him.

·
Registered
319 Posts
funkyninja said:
This is right up there with the Sheriff (of Port Washington?) that was caught doing the same thing!

Oh yeah, I'm from Port Washington. That was horrible, and all he got was a slap on the wrist too!!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I don't know....drunk driving+ice cream truck+registered sex offender does not = funny to me....pathetic people we are surrounded by. And of course he'll get off with minimal repercussions, that's the way it works.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have 2 kids and that isnt funny to me. i would like to dance on this guys forehead. What would happen if he was pulling to the curb drunk to sell ice cream to kids. This guy should be shot dead.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Yeah..uh...that's a riot.

The adjectives I'd choose are more like "scary" and "disturbing", but whatever.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I titled this thread as funny, I wasn't saying funny as in "Lets all go out and get drunk and run over some kids with an ice cream truck!" I was saying funny in a sarcastic manner. I'm sorry that some of you took it the wrong way.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Oh Jake...it's ok. Tone can't be read in type sometimes!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah dude I was in no way attacking you at all. Sorry if I came off that way. I caught your sarcassm(sp?) Anyhow yeah this guy is a tool and should still be shot :cheers

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
how the hell does a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER get a job as an ice cream truck dude...

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Is this a delivery (shipping) truck (like breyer's ships to sentry) or is it a "bells chiming, come and get your ice cream kiddies" truck?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
It was...

blndebmbr said:
a "bells chiming, come and get your ice cream kiddies" truck?
I saw the story on the news yesterday morning.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
blndebmbr said:
Oh Jake...it's ok. Tone can't be read in type sometimes!!!
MilTownTiller said:
Yeah dude I was in no way attacking you at all. Sorry if I came off that way. I caught your sarcassm(sp?) Anyhow yeah this guy is a tool and should still be shot :cheers
It's all good. Yesterday sucked and today is a new day! :banana :lao

1 - 13 of 13 Posts