Sport Bikes banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Flag of Pittsburgh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The phrase Benigno Numine is the motto of William Pitt. It is generally translated as "With the Benevolent Deity"[3] or "By the Favour of the Heavens".[4]

It was adopted by the newly formed city in 1816 but somehow fell off seals and official documents and emblems in the early 20th century before being restored to the seal by City Council on July 3, 1950 and signed off by the Mayor on July 7, 1950. However even then the motto was not implemented until council looked into the matter in November 1958.[5]
This is a screen shot from the corner of the pittsburgpa.gov page and what I was referring to in my post.

Attachments

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
A quote from the article from the dimwit who started the "ride of the century" that's been helping give us bad press:

The yearly event now draws as many as 2,000 riders. “We never thought it would get to the size that it has,” said Cardwell, 35, who no longer rides. “All of us would be scared on the highway with these large groups. A lot of it was younger kids who were newly into bikes and willing to take any risks, including popping wheelies at high speeds.”
I find this to be the case with many of the retards involved in this stuff.. they don't ride for long, it's just another flash in the pan for a thrill for a while, then they go away, leaving the rest of us with the repercussions. I don't know how many I've witnessed locally.. you can almost predict they won't last, and they don't.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
I had a guy riding in a group once who would wind up standing on his tank at highway speeds every now and then.

I only rode with that group once. And left early.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
That's pretty funny.

I love it when some jackass makes a comment to me about being an organ donor. That joke is so old I can't believe anyone thinks it's so clever. My response is always that I'm not an organ donor. I specifically have never checked the box on my licenses. When I tell them that it always takes the punch out of their "joke".

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
so your saying that you have no redeming qualities what so ever?

i mean normally when i see some one battling a case of terminal stupidity, i can tell my self "well i guess that there have to be some people who's only point to exsistence is to incubate organs for the rest of us."

but i guess you even removed that rational.

·
Registered
465 Posts
so your saying that you have no redeming qualities what so ever?

i mean normally when i see some one battling a case of terminal stupidity, i can tell my self "well i guess that there have to be some people who's only point to exsistence is to incubate organs for the rest of us."

but i guess you even removed that rational.
There's no chance in hell a piece of shit person like you is getting any of my organs. As far as I'm concerned you can fuck off and die.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
I just hope no one is using those reprobates as examples of how crashes are inevitable. Some of us have been riding decades without substantive mash ups. Most crashes are utterly avoidable. Your bikes can out accelerate most cars and even light aircraft. You can stop on a dime and run circles around anything. You can avoid anything so long as you keep your shit together.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I'm not an organ donor, but then again, they wouldn't accept them. :\

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
There's no chance in hell a piece of shit person like you is getting any of my organs. As far as I'm concerned you can fuck off and die.
Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd this is what gets you banned.

Listen everyone. Between the SUV thread and this one, tempers have been short and the quality of posts has skirted the line of acceptability. We don't ask a lot, but there is a limit of hatred that will be accepted.

The part that sucks is that the board has been so active lately. For us old guys, it's a reminder of how awesome this place was before the corporate buyout and Facebook. So, again, please keep it civil. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how unpopular it may be.

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd this is what gets you banned.

Listen everyone. Between the SUV thread and this one, tempers have been short and the quality of posts has skirted the line of acceptability. We don't ask a lot, but there is a limit of hatred that will be accepted.

The part that sucks is that the board has been so active lately. For us old guys, it's a reminder of how awesome this place was before the corporate buyout and Facebook. So, again, please keep it civil. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no matter how unpopular it may be.
Thanks for that.. I keep popping in hoping for the old ways..

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Having a pre existing condition and just not wanting to help because you're selfish are two very different things, shamrock.
L8, duly noted, I even made this post all nice now.

Reactions: Shamrock627

·
Registered
465 Posts
We could ask you the same thing.

Everyone please just take a deep breath.
Ok I was over the top on my post. I apologize.

But I'm not an organ donor, that's the truth. People get their panties in a wad over the littlest things.

Truthfully I don't much care for uptight people and I say things sometimes to get uptight people upset. If you're that type, then it's probably better for you to put me on your ignore list. I won't be offended.

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Ok I was over the top on my post. I apologize.
Water under the bridge.

It's like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how unpopular it may be. Hell, for the record, I'm glad you're posting. Every protagonist needs an antagonist. If we were all in agreement with one another it'd get boring in a hurry.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts