Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am being seriouse, sat. night me and my husband were sitting around the campfire, earlier that day we were leting the kids chop on some wood we had laying around we had found in the woods. Well the wood chips were laying all over in the area they were chopping, its dark now and me and my husband look over where the wood had been laying and see all the woodchips and it looks like the moon was shinning on them, we were like wow that really pretty, until we relized it wasn't the moon at all. The wood pieces were glowing, I am not kidding about this. I even brought pieces home and yes it is still glowing. This I don't think is natural, I need to find out why this wood is glowing and is it safe to be around. Well its to late now if its not, but I still want to find out more about it, if anyone has any clue please let me know or who I can contact about it. No I'm not crazy.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts

wow thats weird. wouldnt waste my time with authorities. maybe contact a university and see if they would be interested in testing the wood??

·
Registered
531 Posts
Maybe something in the wood that makes them glow when theres low light.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
the truth is out there...

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
phosphorus residue....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yea what Badgixxer said. Is it on the bark or the fresh cut side? If it's on the bark could be a type of mold.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well have you ever seen glowing wood? I know I hadn't. I have 3 chunks of it. And when it gets dark you can see it glow and its not the whole piece of wood its the inside and its only on parts of it. I wish I could take a pic of it but it won't come out, we already tried that.

I tried looking up anything on the net but can't find anything except a glowing banana tree but come on now they don't grow here.

I was thinking of calling a nature center or something. I'm really freaked about it actually. I'm thinking of charging people to see it maybe I can make some money that way.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Probally the sap. Holds light like glow paint. Lick it and see if your tongue glows. :2fingers

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
lol charging peeps to see glowing wood

·
Registered
531 Posts
Heh uh hehe, You said glowing WOOD!

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
blueyedevil said:
Heh uh hehe, You said glowing WOOD!

heh, you told her to lick the glowing wood

·
Registered
531 Posts
LOL :alky :blowingup

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
sorry hun, we kinda got off on a tangent there

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We cooked with this wood so we were gonna check on the kids that night to make sure they weren't glowing..LOL

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
lol i can see ya roastin glowing marshmallows

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
it is probably the sap or something like that. call a university or nature center. maybe they can point you in the right direction.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts