Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from Northern Jersey give a shout out, good weather is rapidly approaching--maybe we can use this thread to set up some meet ups and rides.

I'm in Morris Co (but literally on the border of Essex).

I know Hooters by Willowbrook Mall has bike night every Tues coming soon, so we can bring our cool bikes to have some gross wings and flat beer served by semi-hideous chicks. BS a bit and go on a little ride.

From there we can set up some Saturdays--rides down the shore etc.

If you're down, post up!

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Fingers crossed I get an interview in north jersey this month!

Otherwise I am out for weekdays. Weekend rides are up for grabs :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm down for riding with responsible people who aren't trying to get moving violations - I really don't need any more. It's supposed to be in the 50s on Sunday.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fingers crossed I get an interview in north jersey this month!

Otherwise I am out for weekdays. Weekend rides are up for grabs :)
Good luck with that, it'd be great to have a fellow rider, especially a vet in arms length! Fingers crossed for ya!

I'm down for riding with responsible people who aren't trying to get moving violations - I really don't need any more. It's supposed to be in the 50s on Sunday.
Oh I hear ya man. I'm just coming off a bit of a riding hiatus and my bike is literally my baby, on top of the breaking in peroid for it I'm taking it pretty easy right now.

I'm not 100% sure on this Sunday yet, I might be going to a St. Patty's thing but I'll let you know......I'm pretty game for a ride anytime though. Maybe we can set up a mutual spot to meet up sometime?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone for a ride up Route 23 this Sunday? Just for a few hrs, late morning till afternoon? It's supposed to be 60 and sunny, gotta break her in!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not entirely true. Though those are the best.

I'm probably gonna run up 23 tomorrow, thats a pretty good ride up towards Vernon, then maybe cut through Hardyston and get back from 94 to 15 and down 80 back home.

Nothing spectacular, still breaking it in.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone for a ride up Route 23 this Sunday? Just for a few hrs, late morning till afternoon? It's supposed to be 60 and sunny, gotta break her in!
I could do a relaxed spin through Blairstown, Stillwater, Swartswood, etc. What time are you heading out?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could do a relaxed spin through Blairstown, Stillwater, Swartswood, etc. What time are you heading out?
I know where Blairstown is, not sure about the others...I'm gonna try to get out by 11 I figure it'll be warm enough by then and probably be back home by late afternoon--3 or 4 something like that.

If you're coming from NY we can meet anywhere on 23 or 46. If you want we can take 80 up to the Hibernia exit and then take Greenpond Rd all the way across to 23 and run up to around Vernon before turning around--I think there is a Dunkin Donuts once we get up passed West Milford on 23--it's pretty scenic.

As for relaxed, dude don't worry I'm gonna be riding super relaxed 95% of the time, the bike is a week old and I'm just getting comfortable with it. I'm out to learn not show off so no worries with that.

I'd say we can even keep it more local and head down 23 in the opposite direction to West Orange, there is Eagle Rock Reservation which is a 9/11 memorial and a road that runs through the woods called "snake road" a big corkscrew that drops you down to Upper Montclair which is nice roads lined with million dollar mansions!

BUT--Tomorrow is St. Patricks Day Parade in W.O. and I'm sure there are going to be plenty of drunks driving back home.

Anyway just let me know.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all.
I'm in north jersey. Cresskill to be exact. Would be up for a ride sometime. Keep me posted please.
Will do man. Had a nice ride today. Just keep checking the thread for activity.

I'm going to find out about some local bike nights soon, I know Hooters does one every week--small local rides and a chance to check out everyone's ride, BS and eat.

Stay in touch.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
While i think bike nights are stupid, the chatterbox has them on thursdays, and unlike hooters you actually get good food.

But hellfire as soon as my forks get back in from having some work done on them, Im up to ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While i think bike nights are stupid, the chatterbox has them on thursdays, and unlike hooters you actually get good food.

But hellfire as soon as my forks get back in from having some work done on them, Im up to ride.
You must be itching to ride with this warm weather huh? Thank goodness it's suppose to be around for awhile.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've actually never been to a bike night before, this will be my 1st yr. I'm just generally down to make friends with like minded interests.

Where is Chatterbox? Is that up by 15?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yes up 15. I actually enjoy it better when they have their hot rod nights. Cooler seeing cars imo. Bikes are fun to ride, but don't care much to look at them. Then again gawking at those awesome cars is another thing.

And I've been riding all winter, so not all that upset about the weather. Our winter was very mild this year. Either way hoping I get the forks back this week. They where out getting gsxr cartridges put into them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm trying to find some intresting ways to get to Monmouth Co. as the GSP is the most boring route in the history of roads.

I take a truck route for work, 287 to route 9 to route 18. I "think" there might be some good county roads near Old Bridge or Matawan---I'd like to get to Raceway Park a few times this season and of course the beach.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Checking in from Middlesex but Roseland for work. I sold my Superhawk but have a 1985 Sabre that I just got and ready to rebuild it. It still runs, just putting it back into good shape. I also like to go north in NY and ride around Tuxedo. There are some good roads leading up that way around Greenwood Lake.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Checking in from Middlesex but Roseland for work. I sold my Superhawk but have a 1985 Sabre that I just got and ready to rebuild it. It still runs, just putting it back into good shape. I also like to go north in NY and ride around Tuxedo. There are some good roads leading up that way around Greenwood Lake.
Your close in Roseland. I'd be game to tag along through NY sometime, keep me posted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts