Sport Bikes banner

Northern Cascade Loop

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  AtomicF4i 
#1 ·
My apologies as some may have already seen this.

Part I

Meet VusRad in Monroe and rode to Leavenworth. Really nice guy, had fun. Really slow going. Mostly was a good thing with all the cops. Forgot to switch the radio to music, so by Index was listening to static. Between that and the slow speeds I swear I almost fell asleep. I didn't take any pics this part of the trip since Stephen was the camera guy.

Left and hit 97 North. No pics which really sucks. Pretty scenery and very open. Traffic was light and able to pass people with no problem. Next was Hwy 153. Almost the same thing, but speeds went up dramatical. I tell you what, I don't do 125mph on corners. Even if they are long, shallow, see through corners. Maybe a 1k would feel better?? I guess I'm just a pu$$y.

Finally hit Hwy 20. Lots more greenery. 2 bridges are down to one lane and you have to wait for the light to change to go. First one took a long time. Had a guy 2up on a Goldwing (that I had just screamed by earlier) pull up next to me and start talking. Really cool, but the light turned pretty quick after that so didn't talk much. After that had to pass a couple Harleys and a car or 2. Next bridge was red light but no body in sight, so went for it. Just flying over those bumps :lol

Stopped for this short time after. Cool following the river.

Little more of the same. Temp was just about perfect.

Stopped for a brake in Winthrop(?). Nice little park. Almost stepped in some dog shit though.

As I was pulling out, 2 cruisers, 1 of them 2up passed by, no protection but helmets. The passenger was hot, not pretty/thin hot, but she waved at me, so that made me hot

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Part II

Bunch of Mountain/snow pics from straight roads. It's almost impossible to take pics in the twisties. These ones where pretty much pull off take a pic and continue on. Yeah, I'm sick of the too, just easy to take them. I'll try and leave them out next time.

#3 ·
Part III

I was a little early in time so pulled off at a campground to take a little nap. Usually it's closed, but this time it was open and actually had campers, so no funny stuff went on. Place is actually kind of nice. I may just end up actually camping here this summer. We'll see how it goes.

I took spot #25 which was the last one toward the exit. I wouldn't recommend this one because wasn't any good spot for a tent. Some other ones looked nicer, but I wanted to stay away from everyone else.

Left and hit the fun stuff in Earnest. Don't know what it was, but don't think I've had that much fun coming down before. Things just sort of clicked for me. Slow for you guys but the fastest I've ever done. Felt good and comfortable too. Only got stuck behind one lady. Think I scared her. Toward the bottom I almost turned around and went back, it went that well.

Right at 13 miles from Marblemount got a rider giving me the head-thumping sign. Waved and slowed down to the speed limit. Keep going for almost 10 miles when I decided to pull off. Saw a spot and turn around to go back to it.
Spot was 10 feet off the road but very secluded. (inspector would be having sex back there if he was with someone.) Maybe all the riding got me a little hot.

Anyway, never did see the po-po. Really pissed me off because I was going through some of the best stuff at the speed limit.

Rest of the ride was the usual. One straight away on 530(?) I made my fastest speed. Thoughts of deer and it being dark, stopped me from topping out the bike. Ended up slabbing it back on 1-5 from Arlington. Cops galore but people where still speeding. Don't get it.

430ish miles total. Had a blast and would do it all again.
*half way through typing this, VISA calls and asks to verify charges on it. Gas, gas, gas, gas, gas. Haha yep, all good.

#6 ·
that is awesome man!

I live in washington (kind of the mind eastern side), tricities..

ive lived here in washington for 17 years and i never been up around those areas..

i've been to seattle 3 or 4 times, and up to BC cananda once..

but i never new that washington was so pretty!!

reminds me of some parts in alaska and italy

great stuff man!! good to see you were safe and had a good time!!

:)

#7 ·
ADD Kid,

Spokane and North Idaho is pretty too. When you get your GSXR, come on up and we can take the mineral ridge runs near Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Also, have you been to Italy? I lived there for almost 3 years, and I rode from Sicily through the swiss alps and back. Talk about scenery....and twisties.....mmmmmm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.