Sport Bikes banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Don't believe the point is for street riding to replace track riding. The track is more fun but it's a little difficult for most to only ride on the track. Yes street riding in the hills does have more risk as you noted but those are the reasons to use a concept like "The Pace" to keep you safe so that you stay in one piece to enjoy the track. Not saying the Pace is the only method but rather a starting point.

But I agree it's about getting on the same page. The group I rode with enjoyed the tempo and understood from experience how the lead rider would react or others in the group for that matter. It was enjoyable and gave you piece of mind.

Maybe you're not inefficient but more likely cautious which is a good trait while riding on roads.

you know as much as I like the idea of "The Pace"

there is no way in hell I'd trade a day in the mountains for a day at the track. I just spent 2 days there- and while I love riding up in the mountains- it doesn't do much skill wise for me- I'm a horribly inefficient rider out on the rode- mostly because I don't trust the general populous- and I don't trust roads I can't see. If I can see- its fair game- but mountains = trees = blind corners.

so no- track trumps mountains any day... but it is great to have a good group of people out riding in a brisk but responsible manner. I think its more to do with everyone being on the same page than anything else.

anyway- sorry for the thread jack- I just have never liked that about the article.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So when do you plan on doing one of these rides?? Sounds like a group id like to be involved with. I dont run 100+mph down county roads, but i sure like to keep a brisk pace up in the twisties. My rule is usually double posted yellows(not white speed signs). Let me know, hope we can get out one weekend.....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts