Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a pretty much solid 95mph on the NE extension from Lansdale to Allentown this morning. I'm sure someone could top that but it was pretty good for my sorry @ss. Wore my butt out from all the wind buffeting though. Traffic was moving and I got behind some work vans that were actually pulling away from me. I know I sound like a :squid. I'm too old and should know better. Anybody have a good idea where to put the toll ticket? Between the gloves and leather jacket I had a hell of a time getting the thing out of my pocket.

·
Yes I actually DO ride;-)
328 Posts
ejworthen said:
Did a pretty much solid 95mph on the NE extension from Lansdale to Allentown this morning. I'm sure someone could top that but it was pretty good for my sorry @ss. Wore my butt out from all the wind buffeting though. Traffic was moving and I got behind some work vans that were actually pulling away from me. I know I sound like a :squid. I'm too old and should know better. Anybody have a good idea where to put the toll ticket? Between the gloves and leather jacket I had a hell of a time getting the thing out of my pocket.

Get a tank bag. That should work well.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SalKhan said:
Careful on 476. Cops have some crazy spots to hide.
I was thinking the same thing. Traffic was moving though and I had a couple of fast moving vehicles far enough ahead that they would hopefully draw the heat.

·
Registered
354 Posts
ejworthen said:
Anybody have a good idea where to put the toll ticket? Between the gloves and leather jacket I had a hell of a time getting the thing out of my pocket.

Leave the ticket in the ticket machine.
Get EZPass. It's the way to go!

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EZPass

nurider said:
Leave the ticket in the ticket machine.
Get EZPass. It's the way to go!
I would probably use it five or six times a year. I'm too lazy to go through the process of getting it. Someone told me they can issue you tickets through the mail if you have EZPass. I don't see how unless they can prove it was you driving. If that was the case they could write you a speeding ticket based on the time punched on the toll ticket. Know anything about this?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
ejworthen said:
I would probably use it five or six times a year. I'm too lazy to go through the process of getting it. Someone told me they can issue you tickets through the mail if you have EZPass. I don't see how unless they can prove it was you driving. If that was the case they could write you a speeding ticket based on the time punched on the toll ticket. Know anything about this?
I got a bunch of shit one time for that on the turn pike. The time was supposed to be around 30 minets and I came through in 15. I was running almost 100 the whole way. The guy told me they could hold me and have the state police issue a speeding ticket or reckless in my case. But lucky for me there was no one available in the area so they let me go. By the way my speedo was broke so I had no idea how fast I was going.

·
Registered
354 Posts
dennisred69 said:
I got a bunch of shit one time for that on the turn pike. The time was supposed to be around 30 minets and I came through in 15. I was running almost 100 the whole way. The guy told me they could hold me and have the state police issue a speeding ticket or reckless in my case. But lucky for me there was no one available in the area so they let me go. By the way my speedo was broke so I had no idea how fast I was going.

If you were using EZPass, who did you talk to and why?

Actually, I would think the problem is more likely to come up if you get a toll ticket. That way, you have to pay a person, vs EZPass, where there's no human interaction.
I haven't used EZPass on the bike yet, but I've been using it in my car for years, with no problems.

And :eek:nfloor on the "I had no idea how fast I was going", Dennis. You had to have some inkling that maybe, just maybe, you were 1 or 3 mph over the limit! :rolleyes :lao

·
Registered
354 Posts
ejworthen said:

EJW, you could do it online, and you don't lose any money (it doesn't cost you to have it). I use EZPass as often as I can, although not as much as I used to. It's a great thing. I can drive right by the long lines at the booths.

I have heard that they may start the tickets via mail, but I don't know if they have actually started it. Wouldn't be any different to the traffic cameras in Philly or NYC, etc.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the good or bad thing depending on you perspective about the State Police. They have such a large area to patrol that unless it's an emergency it can take them hours to answer a routine call. My township doesn't have their own police so the Staties respond. Had a guy hit me and take off as I was pulling into a gas station near my house a while back. Took the cops 1 1/2 hours to get there. Didn't want to leave the scene without a police report for insurance reasons.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nurider said:
And :eek:nfloor on the "I had no idea how fast I was going", Dennis. You had to have some inkling that maybe, just maybe, you were 1 or 3 mph over the limit! :rolleyes :lao
Yeah, I saw that for the B.S. it was too. :biggrinag :eek:nfloor "I didn't know" he says. Sounds like something I'd tell my Mom back in High School. If I would have ever made it past the 3rd Grade that is.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nurider said:
EJW, you could do it online, and you don't lose any money (it doesn't cost you to have it). I use EZPass as often as I can, although not as much as I used to. It's a great thing. I can drive right by the long lines at the booths.

I have heard that they may start the tickets via mail, but I don't know if they have actually started it. Wouldn't be any different to the traffic cameras in Philly or NYC, etc.
I looked into it a while back. Will they send me three transmitters?

·
Registered
354 Posts
ejworthen said:
I looked into it a while back. Will they send me three transmitters?
Don't know. I just move it from one car to the other. What I need to ask, though, is if the tolls are different for bikes vs cars.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I had a ticket from the tool both. I did know I was going fast but did not know I was going as fast as I was. I figuresd some where around 85mph. I fly through there all the time the states only really bother the truck drivers. I realized when he said it only took me 15 min. that I was going about 100 the whole way. I thought the cars seemed to be going pretty damn slow that day.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
ejworthen said:
:eek:nfloor

If your not doing 80 you'll get run down.
Thats no joke either. I had one of my cars start to stuter and shake one day on the pike and it slowed way down I turned my 4 ways on and startes to head for the bearm but people were all over my rear end. I thought for sure I was going to get rear ended that day.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nurider said:
Don't know. I just move it from one car to the other. What I need to ask, though, is if the tolls are different for bikes vs cars.
Nope, I think they charged the same.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found out EZPass will send you multiple transmitters. Only thing is they are all on a separate account. So if you have three transmitter you have to put $35 in each account to start. Hell, I wouldn't use EZPass that much in 100 years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts