Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
one word: wow (see below)
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I received this email from a local businessman with a novel business plan that may be useful to some of our members. I have included the email sent to me for your review. This is not an endorsement. It is simply a passing of information to you guys who need a complete service garage with all the tools you'll need (cars and bikes).

Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike,

my name is Dennis and I have just opened a D.I.Y. auto shop in Santa Clara, CA. It's a place where car enthusiasts can bring their vehicle and fix it themselves at very affordable rates. We offer a professional work environment including lifts, industrial grade tools (one filled tool box for each lift plus specialty tools on demand), shop tools like a transmission jack, a drill press, a parts washer or a cherry picker and much much more.

As a part of an opening special we also offer complementary ALLDATA access where you can pull and print out all kinds of OEM repair manuals and information out of their database. Also we can order high quality parts and have them shipped to the shop within 30-45 minutes max if available.

Here is a link to the shops Yelp page for more information and pictures:

Pit Row - Santa Clara, CA

I was wondering if this concept might be something for your members, where they couldn't only fix their cars and have better and easier access from underneath and the sides of the vehicle, but this could also be a place for a "meet and greet" where a bunch of them came here as a group and helped each other out with advice and experience. I have 9 work bays with lifts available plus a decent sized parking lot in front of the shop.

The opening special rate is currently $30 / hour plus $0.99 / hour shop supplies fee (which includes bolts, washers, rags, grease, anti-seize, zip ties and other consumables). But I would definitely be ready to cut your members a little better deal here if they decided to come as a group and/or mention that they were part of this club.

Please let me know what you think and if there is any chance to promote this possible cooperation.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Dennis

Pit Row - The D.I.Y. Auto Shop
2555 Lafayette St.
Suite 122
Santa Clara, CA

Phone: (408) 654-9661

Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I have wanted to do something like this for a long time. We had the same type deal but of course cheaper on base and it was great. Every since then I have wanted to open one up.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
It's been tried before. I remember there used to be a converted gas station with bays and tools for rent here in Pomona long time ago ... I think insurance, clean up, missing tools. lack of customers.. all worked against them..

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I figured that is why you dont see any around. Still its a great idea and if it runs right and gets the right people out could be a great thing. Backyard mechanics UP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts