Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering... do you guys always take ur helm with u after u park outside somewhere? say... parked infront of a restraunt meeting a friend, or in school parking lot for class. Cuz i see some ppl leaving it on their bike hanging, and always thought... what if you drop it or someone takes it?

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I usually take mine inside. Even if you leave it on a lock, people will cut the straps to take it (don't know why, but they will) Unless you have a total beater helmet, don't leave it on the bike.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
tmkreutzer said:
I usually take mine inside. Even if you leave it on a lock, people will cut the straps to take it (don't know why, but they will) Unless you have a total beater helmet, don't leave it on the bike.

+1 I always take mine in with me I can't afford to replace it

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Yep,I take mine everywhere I go.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Very true about people taking it. I think this has been discussed before so you might want to use the search. Personally, I take it with me because I've heard some horror stories of people urinating and leaving trash in helmets left on bikes while the owner was inside shopping in the mall, or something to that effect.

Don't put it on the tank or the controls because if it takes a fall, that's it for that helmet, they're designed to take only on good hit and then need to be replaced.

Only leave it outside if you can see it at all times! And leave it on a footpeg or better on the ground where it can't drop.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
take it w/you, it will be easier than having to replace it if someone takes it or trashes it

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
Ain't no way I'm leaving my $500 Arai unattended. Besides, it makes a great conversation starter/ice breaker. :cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Even the most ignorant non-rider can figure out the leather's not simply a fashion statement if you keep your helmet with you.

One of the local cops had his helmet stolen off his copcycle last year. People will steal anything. Why make it easy?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Krik said:
Ain't no way I'm leaving my $500 Arai unattended. Besides, it makes a great conversation starter/ice breaker. :cheers
+1...I paid too much money for my lid to have some kid stealing it just because.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
spidertron said:
I was just wondering... do you guys always take ur helm with u after u park outside somewhere? say... parked infront of a restraunt meeting a friend, or in school parking lot for class. Cuz i see some ppl leaving it on their bike hanging, and always thought... what if you drop it or someone takes it?
Always take it with you

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i use the helmet lock on the bike all the time. i've even gone as far to leave my jacket under, or on the bike...not locked up at all. i don't do that too often, but i've never had anything stolen.

it depends on where you live, and where you are parking...you make the call.

If i'm going to be somewhere for a while that feels dangerous, and I can't check on my bike or helmet every couple of minutes i usually take all my gear with me.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I usually just carry it. the fz doesn't have a helmet lock anyway, and ive never trusted'm.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
spidertron said:
Depending on the place, how long we will be away from the bikes.. But we don't leave them loose on the bike. We have them tired down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts