Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i'm new to bikes, really new. I found a good deal on 1989 KAWASAKI NINJA 750R ($1500). I'm thinking about getting out of the Honda scene and getting a bike. I was into 1g CRX's (84-87) but I cant find one thats in good shape.

Is this a good bike, I need something reliable enough to be driven a bit, but I'm a newbie and would this be a bit much for me? or would i just need to be extra careful? But, is it a good bike in general (reliable is important)?

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might put an offer in on it then!

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is just my $.02, but you can get a '93-'96 model year Ninja 500 for around $1500 in good condition and have a perfect beginner bike instead of a decent one. That 750 is going to be a bit heavy for a first bike, check out www.cycletrader.com
for a list of local bikes. Good luck, and welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats where I found that one! I cant find anything at a better price... I'll learn to deal with the bike, i have a freind who's been riding for years and my Dad used to, so i'll be ok. I've ridden dirt bikes and such b4 so I know I can shift and work the clutch ok, just never a Sport Bike

·
Registered
268 Posts
Buy whatever makes you happy then, it's a topic that's been widely debated in this forum, and I'd rather not bring it to this post, too. It's hard to argue over the internet, and your choice isn't the "worst" choice, so go for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Go for the Ninja 500R man, learn on it....this isn't gonna be ur last bike, so u wanna make sure u learn the fundamentals well, and the 500 will allow you to do that...I just got a new Ninja 500r and am getting more familiar with it day to day. Get the 500, ride it a season, then get what you really want

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's a terrible first bike.....I just picked up a 1990 model off a newbie that had it. Scared him + he didn't do any maintenance in the 2 months he had it(riding around on a fucked front tire, etc).

Get something smaller(cc's), lighter(it is heavy), and with less plastic. Plenty of Ninja 250's around for $1500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts