Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guyz....I was finally getting somewhat comfortable on my bike today. Riding at a very moderate pace today, when I came to a junction. I saw a SUV and a bike behind it waiting at a stop sign. I cruise slowly through the junction and I see both the SUV and motorcycle turn behind me.....Immediately as they are on the road, the motorcycle passes the SUV....I didn't get a great look at the bike when I crossed the junction earlier, but I see the bike catching up rather quickly.....So I initially slow down, and see that the bike pulls into my lane behind me....and we approach a nice sweeper to the left...one that I know really well...so by this time i make the bike out in my rear view, its a Kawasaki Concours!! The only reason I knew it was I saw one when i bought my Ninja from teh dealership...
so I gradually twist the throttle after the apex of the turn still at a very manageable speed, and managed to pull away slightly from the Concours....but as we approach the str8 after the curve, I look back in my mirror, and don't see the concours....i'm like huh? Then I see a red streak go by me hahahhahahahhahahhaha

Can u imagine being passed by this??? (look below!!!) OHHHH the embarassment, and it took a lot of restraint to not accelerate to catch him, as you know i'm still a noob, and luckily issued some restraint!! Comments, comments!!

Attachments

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
no big deal. ride your own pace and don't worry about other cats out there. you'll progress in your own time. ... and the bike is nothing without a skilled rider on it so
think of it as the place where you wanna be with a lil more seat time. have fun and be safe

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
No reason to be embarrased. You kept your cool and kept a managable pace within your ability. If someone wants to pass.....pass! I could careless about getting passed, even if it's a Concourse! And you would be suprised on how fast a Concourse can be pushed by an experienced rider.

·
Registered
333 Posts
drmnlateef said:
and it took a lot of restraint to not accelerate to catch him, as you know i'm still a noob, and luckily issued some restraint!! Comments, comments!!
Guess what, on that Ninja of yours, you couldn't catch anyone riding a Concours on a straight if they didn't want you to. My neighbor will flat out embarrass some sportbike riders in curves with his connie.

That bike may not be your cup of tea....but that's no reason to ridicule it...and yea...that's how your post came off. Like a squidly little teenager on a Ninja looking down on something that isn't a "real" sportbike.

And lastly...chances are that if he was on a Concours, he was probably not a noob and knows exactly what he wants out of motorcycling.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks like it'd be fun to tour with.

Ride your own ride, sounds like he was riding his.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
hell I get passed around town all the time, I don't need any tickets on my record, I just had the last one come off.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heath3n said:
Guess what, on that Ninja of yours, you couldn't catch anyone riding a Concours on a straight if they didn't want you to. My neighbor will flat out embarrass sportbike riders in curves with his connie.

That bike may not be your cup of tea....but that's no reason to ridicule it...and yea...that's how your post came off. Like a squidly little teenager on a Ninja looking down on something that isn't a "real" sportbike.

And lastly...chances are that if he was on a Concours, he was probably not a noob and knows exactly what he wants out of motorcycling.

Naw, didn't mean for it to come across like that...I was actually surprised at how much power the bike had! And i never ridicule anyones bike choice, especially given the fact that a lot ppl don't even consider the EX500 to be a "real" sportbike. The source of embarassment is my lack of skill at this time hahaha, not the dudes bike

·
Registered
681 Posts
drmnlateef said:
Naw, didn't mean for it to come across like that...I was actually surprised at how much power the bike had! And i never ridicule anyones bike choice, especially given the fact that a lot ppl don't even consider the EX500 to be a "real" sportbike. The source of embarassment is my lack of skill at this time hahaha, not the dudes bike
Well son, you need to do ALOT of research on bikes then....the bike that passed you has 2x the cc's/hp you do.....you'd be hard pressed to even keep up with it much less......well, you get the point.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
----
My neighbor will flat out embarrass sportbike riders in curves with his connie.
------

Speak for yourself, bud. :smokin

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Never be worried because you got passed think of how bad it would of been if you rode out of your limits and went down no reason to worrie.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Redstar11 said:
----
My neighbor will flat out embarrass sportbike riders in curves with his connie.
------

Speak for yourself, bud. :smokin

It's been edited to avoid damaging anyone elses ego. :lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
taziscool said:
Well son, you need to do ALOT of research on bikes then....the bike that passed you has 2x the cc's/hp you do.....you'd be hard pressed to even keep up with it much less......well, you get the point.
No, I know the bike has like 929cc and has significantly more HP than does my bike, but I figured that that bike was geared more for torque..I also figured that teh bike carried considerable more weight than mine as well....granted I wasn't trying to keep up with him, but he went by me rather fast, coming right out of a corner. I don't know what kinda point i'm tryin to make here.....hahah oh well

·
Registered
681 Posts
drmnlateef said:
No, I know the bike has like 929cc and has significantly more HP than does my bike, but I figured that that bike was geared more for torque..I also figured that teh bike carried considerable more weight than mine as well....granted I wasn't trying to keep up with him, but he went by me rather fast, coming right out of a corner. I don't know what kinda point i'm tryin to make here.....hahah oh well
997 to be exact.....weighing in at 595lbs over your 388lb 500. And TORQUE is where it's at...horsepower means little on the street, especially coming out of a corner. :twofinger

·
Registered
430 Posts
for some reason I am reminded of the pics of the guy on a goldwing damn near getting a knee down, or the other one riding a wheelie on the 'wing, after seeing those, I know better than to ever assume I am faster than any bike I see.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
taziscool said:
997 to be exact.....weighing in at 595lbs over your 388lb 500. And TORQUE is where it's at...horsepower means little on the street, especially coming out of a corner. :twofinger
Haha, sorry Mr. Physicist. :twofinger

1 - 15 of 15 Posts