Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My wife used to ride a Ninja 250, and then she got crosswise with an off camber turn, too much lean angle, and her foot peg. She wants to start riding again, but doesn't want to get back into the flow with a faired bike right out of the gate. I was hoping I could get some recommendations for alternatives. One thing I was thinking about doing was finding something like a ttr 125 and putting a dakkar light kit and street tires or something like that on it. Anyways, that gives you an idea of what I'm thinking about. Any recommendations? I'm not familiar with non-sport bikes at all.

Probably trying to stay around bellow 1500.00 or so. This wouldn't need to be interstate capable or anything. More like residential streets, abandoned parking lots, that sort of thing. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would highly recommend any of the smaller dual-sports! KLR250/350, DR200/350, Xt225, etc. These are bikes that can take a bit of abuse and are very forgiving of mistakes. Lots of lean angle available and if you so desire you can hit some trails where she can learn good techniques without the dangers of traffic. Learn on the dirt and you don't panic if the tires slide a bit. Plus, you can find them fairly cheap!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I just got my girlfriend a Buell Blast for $1700. She really likes it, it's her first bike so bring able to flat foot was important to her, this bike let's her do that, and is fun to ride. She's really building up hey confidence quickly on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
250 Posts
Honda Nighthawk 250? Pretty much the ultimate noob-friendly bike.. ultra reliable, and older ones can be had for 1500 all day long, ready to ride! Hell, there's a 2007 model for $1800 on craigslist here, and I live in expensive-ass LA!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We did that with her first ninja 250. The only problem with that is, I'm looking for a bike that is a little lighter, and without fairing stays and things to be bent and what not.

·
Registered
222 Posts
We did that with her first ninja 250. The only problem with that is, I'm looking for a bike that is a little lighter, and without fairing stays and things to be bent and what not.
Well, I'd say one of the few options would be the Buell Blast with shortened seat height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts