Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, one of my friends seems to have a "noise" coming from what seems to be his engine (yes, I know its kinda obvious). Don't know exactly what it is, seems to start out in in lower gears and lower rpms. He said that when he was braking or slowing down, he would shift through the gears, till he hit first, before coming to a complete stop. (Don't know if its different from cars, where its not good for the car/tranny to shift into first while not being at a stop, or a LOW mph. Couldn't really figure it out, and didn't want to jump to conclusions by saying the tranny. So I was wondering if you could think of anything. It also, does not sound like its detinating (granted its AZ and pretty damn hot). Thanks....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Might help if I add in what the sound is like.........basically almost sounds like detinating, but at the same time doesn't. Just a constant..gurgle almost (like if you don't give enough gas getting started to get into the gear, almost jumpy like). But the bike doesn't hesitate at any time. This is also on a '98 GXSR with about...4k on the engine.

Also realized that this should probably be moved to "Help Me Fix It" so if you wish to move, go ahead. Sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts