Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a 99 gsxr 750 with no title for 1,000, i called the local police dept. its not stolen all clear.. Im not sure what u have to do 2 get another title i heard something that u have to go to the dmv and have them check out the bike to make sure it meets the saftey requirements to get a duplicate title. Anyone know or has gone thorugh this thanks josh...

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
might wanna tell people what state your in, cuz it varies

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I sold my 250 w/no title. Mean I have the title, just can't find it. I fillied out a form, paid $29.75 & they are going to send me a duplicate title so I can give it to the buyer. I am in the state of Florida.

Ask the buyer what happened to the title. Just be careful, if you don't have the title, the seller can call the police at anytime and report it stolen and then you'll be SOL.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
okay if you saw my post two days ago ...i posted about finding a 94 kawasaki ninja with only 15k miles and etc. for $600. No title, no paperwork. The problem was.. he had no paperwork at all, wasn't the original owner, and the bike wasn't registered in over 4 years that ithe VIN didn't show up on the computer at ALL. So.... in that case, you gotta make a "statement of facts" where the seller writes where he got the bike and then signs in.. and you also need a bill of sale with your name on it. AND you need to bring the bike in for inspection. then they send all that crap to sacramento (capital for CA) and they look over it and give you a duplicate title. I didn't want to go down in the hole 600 cause i worked hard for it... i dont want to be stuck with a bike that's not registered either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im in south florida i think its worth the trouble b.c i cant make some money off it and have a nice bike.. my friend bought the bike off this guy and the guy who he bought it off is in jail..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i would go to the dmv and have them check the bike out and then what they send me the title after that.. and i get a bill of sale even if he isnt the original owner?

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
well i was talking about my situation. Your situation sounds more simpler. Mine was as bad as it gets. The guy said he got it from a co worker's brother or something, so he was definetely not the first owner, AND it was out of state. Now that it is 4 years old+, no registration, title, paperwork at all. I didn't want to risk it .. cause after buying the bike and then taking it to the DMV, if they reject my application for a duplicate title, i'm screweed and left with a bike i cannot ride.

·
Registered
61 Posts
depending on the state theres some legit companies like broadway titling company and send you a mco? which you take to the dmv and get a title (its like technically youre selling the bike to the co and they sell the bike back w/ title) but its kinda pricey like 200 bucks and allowed in only some states

1 - 10 of 10 Posts