Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
His phone number is listed to the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area.

He did say that he can offer a bill of sale. See if you can get a VIN from him and have someone run it for you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, his phone # is Texas but ad location says he is in Cali? I don't think it is stolen, yet, but I think he is about to steal it from the finance co. He has both original keys but no title? Hmmmmmm.

·
THE BIG CHEEZE
2,744 Posts
I would get the vin and run it. If it was local to you, check it out and get the vin. Don't ask for the vin over email... I don't ever think that goes across well...

I have a bike without a title for sale and its not stolen... then again... its an 89 ninja 500... speaks for itself :)

~mikeym

·
DIG OUT YOUR SOUL
926 Posts
If the bike has a TX VIN then you are in luck. The state of Texas has an online VIN site that will let you verify the status of a motorcycle (i.e., if it is reported stolen and who is the registered owner.) You can't get the info to contact that person but atleast you will know if it is stolen or not, and it won't cost you anything.

A couple years ago I was about to buy this sick CR 250 but it did not have the title and it was a TX VIN. After talking to the guy and not sure if he was full of it or not I did some research and found that site after calling the TX DMV. The bike wound up not being stolen and the person who I was told would be on the title indeed was but like the current owner neither of us had any way of locating this person as only the name was accessible. The dude even went so far as to offer to drop the price even more after everything but personally, for a myriad of reasons I don't buy bikes that are salvaged or don't have titles so I bailed on it.

Usually if it is on craigs and it is out of state and without title for a too good to be true price something is up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
His phone number is listed to the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area.

He did say that he can offer a bill of sale. See if you can get a VIN from him and have someone run it for you.
no tittle that mean alot off nc cant make nun with it jus want to ask bout the pic . cant stop if we bout too get pulled over . or bike gone . got a bike 4yeats ago for 400 no tittle . . gotta be ready to run so win win lll your dumb id get them all day .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts