Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my usual weekend ride to the local twisties I'm out driving like a complete jack ass, you know dippin smashin thru the traffic. lol when I notice the red and blue lights behind me and I'm like fuck here goes a fat one. After he asks for my stuff I realize I left my wallet at home.

At this point I'm like I'm really fucked, he goes to car and comes back we start the chit chat and it turns out he was the same cop that wrote my police report when I went down up in the twisties so he was like you're lucky I'm not even writing you a warning! And let's me on my way.

I was glad I didn't get cited no ones likes taking a trip down to the county to pay fines, and he could've wreak havoc upon me but instead was cool about the whole scenario.

:banana

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
So on my usual weekend ride to the local twisties I'm out driving like a complete jack ass, you know dippin smashin thru the traffic. lol when I notice the red and blue lights behind me and I'm like fuck here goes a fat one. After he asks for my stuff I realize I left my wallet at home.

At this point I'm like I'm really fucked, he goes to car and comes back we start the chit chat and it turns out he was the same cop that wrote my police report when I went down up in the twisties so he was like you're lucky I'm not even writing you a warning! And let's me on my way.

I was glad I didn't get cited no ones likes taking a trip down to the county to pay fines, and he could've wreak havoc upon me but instead was cool about the whole scenario.

:banana
I wish he arrested you instead. Quit being a dick on the road.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Consider it a wake up call bro. Where mercy is given on one end, tragedy can be on the other end. If you must rail, then rail at the track, and keep it chill on the streets. Hard to say RIP to someone who deliberately calls Death to come seek them out. Be safe.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ah come on, anyone who rides a bike has at least one vivid memory of dodging a bullet. Unless you ride like a 90 year old grandma with arthritis, riding a bike is going to attract bullet-dodging situations.

Looks like Louie experienced the best possible result from this encounter, learn from it and calm down in the future. The track is where you can haul ass better than any road and still get flak for not going fast enough.

A speed fix is like going to the bathroom. There was going to be some colourful analogy here.

Reactions: PWGUNNY

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Not judging, just offering advice. Seems to be proud of his recklessness, (I'm sure i have been too, it's what i lived for) and we're just saying be careful man, luck always runs out. Hate to see him get hurt. You can only dodge bullets for so long.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
bout 5,000 miles on my 023s so far, they have a bit of a flatspot. average speed down the highway is 75mph. :p

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah come on, anyone who rides a bike has at least one vivid memory of dodging a bullet. Unless you ride like a 90 year old grandma with arthritis, riding a bike is going to attract bullet-dodging situations.

Looks like Louie experienced the best possible result from this encounter, learn from it and calm down in the future. The track is where you can haul ass better than any road and still get flak for not going fast enough.

A speed fix is like going to the bathroom. There was going to be some colourful analogy here.
Yeah I can tell you that at least since I've gotten the bike that is one of the nicest police encounters and I'd rather keep it that way. Now I ride around like a car except for slight lane splitting when safe, last thing I need is the same cop pulling me over for the same thing but punishing me to the hardest extent.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not judging, just offering advice. Seems to be proud of his recklessness, (I'm sure i have been too, it's what i lived for) and we're just saying be careful man, luck always runs out. Hate to see him get hurt. You can only dodge bullets for so long.
No harm done, I wasn't proud, I made the post mainly because the cop was cool as ice, and because I dodged the bullet and won't be trying my luck twice. After wrecking a few bikes and a hundred tickets, if I wanna keep riding I gotta be careful not careless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts