Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it was cold and I didn't feel like freezing on the bike. Myself and 2 friends decided to go fishing on Potters Lake. Caught a 15" Largemouth (pic), about 20 bluegill b/w the 3 of us and a perch which hooked itself through the back somehow (pic 2). Yeah it was odd. I realize you probably don't care but I'm posting anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
So whens the fish fry?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've caught fish like that... just unlucky for them basically. So you traded freezing on the bike for freezing on a lake- brillient!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't freezing on the lake, when you're not moving at 60mph+ you tend to stay warmer. Fish fry was last night, twas yummy.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Nice catch Jeremy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
thats a decent largemouth for wisconsin...

i like fishing a lot....i have a 2 piece rod i throw in a backpack and then hop on the bike to go fishing...

not to thread hijack but here are 2 pics of my latest prize catch

Attachments

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ew................

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is the very first Musky I caught on Pewaukee lake 2 years ago, the pix is a little dark, it was a gloomy day, better fishing on those days. :)
:leghump

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
silva bullit said:
nice muskie...how big???
Thanks,I was proud! :D
33inches, he ws a heavy bastard, that was my first time holding a fish that big, I always went walleye, bass or pan fishing!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
holy crap silva that is one big @$$ fish!! i used to love going fishin but no pole no boat so ehh no fishin for me i guess =(

·
Registered
452 Posts
sweetnlow said:
This is the very first Musky I caught on Pewaukee lake 2 years ago, the pix is a little dark, it was a gloomy day, better fishing on those days. :)
:leghump
Cool. That's where I caught my first musky as well. Mine was about the same size as yours. The funny part was that I was fishing for panfish... caught one, then the musky went after the small crappie I caught. Caught two fish at the same time! Landing the musky was fun...

·
Registered
147 Posts
sjlee said:
Cool. That's where I caught my first musky as well. Mine was about the same size as yours. The funny part was that I was fishing for panfish... caught one, then the musky went after the small crappie I caught. Caught two fish at the same time! Landing the musky was fun...

Musky fishing is probably some of the best fishing I ever did, although you can be out all day long and never see anything.....they are tricky little bastards. I caught mine doing a figure eight, up until my lure was 3 feet from the boat, it hit right then, and he was mine...........caught it , took a pix, and released it! :D

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I use to love fishing as a kid but with age I have become one impatient SOB and can't bring myself to do it anymore.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Fishing is about as a fun as watching football... which is about as fun as gettng stabbed in the eyes...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Fishing at the river or a damm is much more fun to me now, more action. It's not like sitting on a boat for hours waiting for a bite, you are right Mike at times I :leghump would much rather watch football, if it is the Packers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
One day earlier this summer I was fishing at a damn 5 miles from my house with my G/F, and in I bet less than 3 hours we caught over 100 fish!! Mostly freshwater drum (sheephead), rock bass, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, walleye, perch, bluegill, channel catfish, plus a gar tried to eat my bobber and we saw quite a few sturgeon also...so im feeling ya on the river fishing. I must say that I can remember going "up north" ie. Big St. Germain Lake (where I got the musky) and not being able to keep 2 lines in the water because the crappie action was soo hot

The look on her face when she looked up at me after she had seen a 5 ft+ sturgeon only a few feet away was priceless!!!!

My dumbass never packed a tape measure so I don't know how big these bass were but they were fun to watch her catch...same bass? I don't think so.

After I had gotten the musky in the boat and all the high fives stopped, I asked my brother what he would do and he said "mount it"...so I did!

Attachments

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Looks like I may have to take a fishing trip this fall up to A-town. I used to fish the Wisconsin River up at Lodi (right near the main bridge) with my grandpa, we always had a blast.

Tom.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts