1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Hotel's fuckup. Expect Ferrari to release some form of formal apology at some point.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
I doubt The Scuderia forced anyone out. The hotel may have. Also I'm going to speculate on this, but Ferrari probably had those rooms booked since the F1 calendar was released.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What I took from the articles, were the hotel were letting them stay there for free, but Ferrari DID have the rooms booked, so the hotel HAD to boot them. BUT, out of 3,000 Ferrari employees, they couldn't swing 12 employees into other rooms, and let the relatives stay in 6 rooms? Or even 4 rooms, if you put 3 in each room (with a cot?). I mean Ferrari has 3,000 employees on hand for F1? And with a yearly budget of $440 million I would have paid for their rooms.

:\

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
What I took from the articles, were the hotel were letting them stay there for free, but Ferrari DID have the rooms booked, so the hotel HAD to boot them. BUT, out of 3,000 Ferrari employees, they couldn't swing 12 employees into other rooms, and let the relatives stay in 6 rooms? Or even 4 rooms, if you put 3 in each room (with a cot?). I mean Ferrari has 3,000 employees on hand for F1? And with a yearly budget of $440 million I would have paid for their rooms.

:\
Were they even aware that they were displacing these families?

I'd say this is squarely on the shoulders of the hotel, not Ferrari. And frankly I don't blame the hotel either. They maintain a business where they have to keep customers happy, and where reservations are important. I feel that the hotel has a responsibility to honor prior reservations without informing them of anyone they are displacing.

Did the article mention how many other guests with previous reservations displaced these families?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
This was just in the news this morning:

CNN HEADLINE NEWS....March27, 2014: "Ferrari declares bankruptcy due to loss of one of their biggest financial and emotional supporters only known as "Shamrock627". Ferrari spokesperson declared "With the loss of "Shamrock627" we had no other option but to declare bankruptcy and permanently shut down operations. We have a small group of executives that plan to move in another direction."" CNN reports that Ferrari will be opening a new company that will have the sole objective of displacing families from hotels when they are on vacation.

WOW! Those bastards!

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
This was just in the news this morning:

CNN HEADLINE NEWS....March27, 2014: "Ferrari declares bankruptcy due to loss of one of their biggest financial and emotional supporters only known as "Shamrock627". Ferrari spokesperson declared "With the loss of "Shamrock627" we had no other option but to declare bankruptcy and permanently shut down operations. We have a small group of executives that plan to move in another direction."" CNN reports that Ferrari will be opening a new company that will have the sole objective of displacing families from hotels when they are on vacation.

WOW! Those bastards!
You're trying too hard...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know if its just me but I don't really see a problem with this whole story at all, hotel was booked, airline found these people a new hotel to stay at? its not like the hotel just tossed their shit out on the sidewalk, this whole "news" story is based on people having to change hotels because of a scheduling error, this exact same thing has happened to me before in the US, when I missed a connecting flight, but because I have nothing to do with Ferrari or MH370, no one, including myself really cared lol.

edit, and Ferrari F1 doesn't have 3000 people on the road with them, that is around the number of people from every team combined that go from race to race.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts