Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my last ride I noticed that suddenly I have no pressure on my rear brake pedal. When I press on it it goes to the bottom without effort, and exerts a *little* but not much braking power.

I did the obvious and bled the brake lines and changed the fluid. When I opened the rear reservoir I was surprised to see that it had plenty of fluid in it, but it was dark. When I bled the brakes, pumping the pedal pushed fluid through the bleed valve fine. No pressure felt like it was building up when the valve was closed, but when I opened it, fluid came out. If I just left it open and pumped the brake pedal, fluid flowed out of the bleed valve like it should. Eventually the reservoir emptied and I put in new fluid, etc. Got everything back together, and the brake pedal still has no pressure/resistance. It has not always been like this.

All of the screws/valves along the lines from the reservoir to the junction of the pedal and the line to the calipers, and everywhere along those lines, seems fine. Nuts are tight. No fluid leaks anywhere. That only thing *I* can think of is maybe there is a hole in one of the tubes that is too small to see? I tried wetting the lines and pumping to see if I could see a buble form on the surface, but I didn't see anything, and not sure I would have anyway.

What else could it be? What else should I check for?

Thanks!

P.S. the bike is an '03 sv650s, and I have NO problems w/ the front brakes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, pads seem just fine. Is there a single master cylinder on the bike or two? I thought there would be only one, and the front brakes work just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts