Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend's '99 zx9r has no power. It won't turn over at all. When he turns the key to 'on' his lights don't even come on. He recently got a new battery so what could be the problem besides the battery?
Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
This happen to me with a new battery, Did he put acid in the battery and charge it up?

If, not that is the problem. The new battery come with a bottle of acid that you have to pour into it and you have to charge it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure the battery is charged and filled, check the cables to make sure they are ok, and check the regulator/rectifier and the stator and the connections(probably going to need a multimeter for this).

·
second chimp in space
3,344 Posts
if he got a sealed battery, then you don't have to do anything except charge it up (though I think they come partly charged)

Why did this happen? Did he buy it like that?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Make sure to clean the batterie cables before you stick'm on the posts. And make sure they really are on the posts. if your not getting any lights the batteries either bad(no charge) or you hooked it up wrong (if it was the only thing you replaced).

·
Registered
145 Posts
You also gotta make sure you put negative on negative and positive on positive...sounds stupid but it happens! :dblthumb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts