Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to sell a carbine for a while and I have it on armslist but the volume of users in my area sucks. Craigslist needs to suck it up and let people sell firearms.

any advice? think I could post my gun case on craigslist for $300 and say the gun is free?

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Facebook is your friend. In this area there are so many gun selling/buying/trading groups on FB I can't keep up with them all.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
It's not Craigslist's call. I'm pretty sure that's the fed's call.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the feds call? where i live you can just sell a gun to someone. people meet up every tuesday and and do it at the stockyards but I am work 9 - 7 so i cant go.

also what about arms list, hows that different ?

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
It's not Craigslist's call. I'm pretty sure that's the fed's call.
It's Craigslist's own policy to not allow the sale of firearms on their site.

Partial list of items for sale and services the advertisement of which is not permitted on craigslist:

- Weapons and related items, including firearms, ammunition, silencers, pellet/BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
And via the ATF website

3. May I lawfully transfer a firearm to a resident of the same State in which I reside?

Any person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of the State where he resides as long as he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. There may be State laws that regulate interstate firearm transactions. Any person considering acquiring a firearm should contact his or her State Attorney General’s Office to inquire about the laws and possible State or local restrictions. A list of State Attorney General contact numbers may be found at www.naag.org.- 3 -
Nothing said about how the sale occurs.

FWIW I've bought ammo and a gun via Arms List. Love that site and have had nothing but great experiences from it.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought this gun the day before the Sand Brooke school shooting. Yeah. I dont like it that much because it's rimfire. Cheap and fun but it was my first gun, i wouldn't trust my life with it, thats also why i got a 9mm SD. I am asking 330. I'd prefer a 9mm carbine like a Keltec Sub 2000. or maybe an SKS.

I paid

260 for gun
40 for mag
20 for case
10 for ammo
so my asking price is fair i think.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Have you tried using backpage.com at all? There's a section on there for "sports equipment and guns". Very similar to craigslist.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
if you aren’t enjoying shooting a semi automatic 22, you are trying to not have fun.

light recoil, cheep ammo(comparatively), not to loud.

go buy 10,000 rounds of ammo and have fun.

if you have some old aol cd's set those up and blaze away.

help a friend who has a field full of gophers.

lots of formal ranges have silhouette shooting competitions.

once your 100 yard groups are consistently under 4" with that gun, then get something else.

(I have probably fired 100,000 rounds through my first 22. Sure when i was 11 i got a 300 savage but that doesn't mean i stopped shooting woodchucks, gophers, foxes, raccoons, skunks, and rabbits with the 22.)

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
I bought this gun the day before the Sand Brooke school shooting. Yeah. I dont like it that much because it's rimfire. Cheap and fun but it was my first gun, i wouldn't trust my life with it, thats also why i got a 9mm SD. I am asking 330. I'd prefer a 9mm carbine like a Keltec Sub 2000. or maybe an SKS.

I paid

260 for gun
40 for mag
20 for case
10 for ammo
so my asking price is fair i think.
So you want exactly what you paid for it... And it's having failure to eject issues...

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
It's Craigslist's own policy to not allow the sale of firearms on their site.

And via the ATF website

Nothing said about how the sale occurs.

FWIW I've bought ammo and a gun via Arms List. Love that site and have had nothing but great experiences from it.
You're right, I thought of that well after I posted...didn't bother to go edit.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah using cheap plinking stuff. not gonna get pro comp stuff thats 15$ a box for 25 rounds, defeats the point of the gun, to be cheap to shoot.

I'm going to the range tomorrow now that I took the whole gun away and cleaned and oiled it. I heard its gunky from the factory and I never did the initial full clean and oil when I bought it.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
If you want to dump the gun for 100 bucks then it'll sell. You have a bit of an unpopular type of gun that you want top dollar for. I don't think the problem is the venue in which you're trying to sell it.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I guess if I sell this I want to get another pistol instead of a carbine. Where I live its a real trip to go to the gun range as I was reminded the other day. I live in town so I cant shoot at home.

My current pistol is a 9mm, a second pistol would ideally be smaller, daily carry, light, and have less (relative) recoil than my SD9VE. Maybe a sub compact .380 is in order? I'd light a light duty daily carry and my 9mm as a bed side pistol.

Unless I move out of town or something, having a carbine just seems so impractical.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts