Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
That is crazy as hell....what were they thinking??

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I find it more funny that the guys on that forum just say "live and learn" and "oh yeah we did that too".

The 4 wheeler crowd never changes, does it?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah I was wondering that too, I mean, I played with fireworks and stuff as a kid (and I still do) but never homemade explosives, that's going a little far.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That Is What I Am Talking About.....even Know I Still Get Kinda Scared Of Some Of Them Damn Fire Works

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
WOW I knew them things sounded powerfull when I done them before but had no clue it would mess a truck up that bad!!!

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
i honestly think this was something other than welding gas in a balloon, we used to do that all the time and yea it had a huge BOOM factor but BOOM wont tear the roof off of a truck.....the windows may have been shattered but thats about it.....i make all kinds of pyrotechnics and there are a few diffrent type of explosion, the concussion explosion where an explosive substance makes a large amount of shockwaves when it explodes. These kinds of explosives are used for displays and or police / SWAT manuvers to temporarily incopacitate a subject by rendering the suspect unconceious or throw off their equalibrium. There are the explosives we are used to in many fireworks and mining applications, they are hard packed in stiff cases they make a louder explosion and produce much much more energy moving from the core outward, these are usually highly sensetive to static and impact. and there are the projectile explosives, the kind like used in grenades and pipe bombs, they are used for killing humans bottom line, the shrapnel goes out with high velocity in a radius of the explosive and will mortally wound anyone in the range, the last two explosive devices are the only thing i can see doing that kind of damage to that truck.....unless it was a propane cylinder or something like that that exploded in the trucks interior.....the doors were ripped off of the body and the main support pillar cross beam in the rear was torn in half. We have set off hundreds of concussion bombs varying in size and potency and none of them would reproduce those results....thats just my .02 though i'd have had to see it happen to believe it, remember now in ANY explosion the explposion takes the path of LEAST resistance....that wouldnt be the steel doorsand bolts anchored into the body, it would be ALL the windows....all of the pressure would have vented outside and it may have torn up the dash a bit but NOTHING like that guys. If you know the guy personally get him to post here, ill be happy to detonate 4 11" balloons in a car to see what happens...anyone got an old beater?? then ill build the stuff that would create those results and we'll have to take a few steps back :) think of it this way ok.....If it did that to the steel chassis and body parts, where did they go?? they would have went OUT and fast...the rear door on the driver side is missing, it would have ruined your buddys day sorry. it also said "You see the damage to the
truck, but the garage it was by was moved partly off of its foundation, and
the people sitting in their lawn chairs watching this activity were jolted
several feet backwards out of their chairs. "

no freakin way...its a fake...but good try :)

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Someone always has to be a naysayer and call BS on Darwinian events. People used to think the Earth was flat too.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
ha ha pretty comical guys...the real question is do you work with explosives alot? no i dont mean spraying water on the embers i mean do you BUILD them? well i do guy, there is no way that 4 balloons of oxy/acet did this to a vehicle, i have seen pics of them where they have gone off in peoples HANDS and they required stitches to close wounds but thats it...i mean the way this is going if its true then the guy who had it go off in his flesh and bone hand should been blown off at the shoulder with his insides exposed, i meean he was holding 1/4 of the powerload that destroyed a truck right? thats about the damage a correclty placed stick of dynamite would create...so would you hold a 1/4 stick? exactly...im not being "that guy" im just being the educated person who dont say "oooh thats awful" knowing good and well its bs...rant on

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Ever heard the saying "stranger things have happened" ? Freaky shit happens all the time. We don't know exactly what was inside the truck, what if they had 2 more bottles of the stuff they used to put in the balloons?

That was an enclosed environment, all that force has to go somewhere, why is it so hard to believe that it did that? I'm no explosives expert, but I've seen some nice explosion aftermaths in my day, and I'll tell ya it doesn't seem to take much to do alot of damage.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
Firefighter ill agree with you that alot of pressure was created but they also said he was retriving the "bombs" at the time in the back seat...right?...well that leaves 2 doors open at the time ever try bottle bomb in a 2 liter bottle with the lid slightly loose? well it makes a nice HISSSSSSS sound and thats it...this is usually about a 150db explosion...it dont take much to relieve the pressure enough to turn it into a dud...but ill give it the benefit of the doubt..."WOW thats a hellova explosion"

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
firefighter81 said:
We don't know exactly what was inside the truck, what if they had 2 more bottles of the stuff they used to put in the balloons?
Just reitterating (sp?) this possibility.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
VERY good point bro, only thing is that acetylene is in pretty rugged steel bottles, maybe he had other types of explosives but most if not all of them would have burnt the interior out...who knows man it could be

·
Registered
197 Posts
dumbass. i've done fireworks but damn my dad wouldn't even let us use a lighter when we were younger and we were supervised. maybe that's what these guys needed!!

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I've had some experience in pyrotechnics... Nothing more powerful than 1.3g though. I have to agree with reckless on this. There has to be alot more to this story. I know that strange things can happen but this does seem to be a bit far fetched given the explanation provided. It's still a pretty cool damn picture.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts