Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of modifications do you guys do to your throttles that keep it constant while your riding a no-hander wheelie?

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I don't do them, but I know they turn up their idle so that the motor won't bog down when they are riding the rear break.

What do you guys set your idle at? Somewhere around 4000RPM?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makes sence. i once seen a cruse controle type thottel lock on a 1979 Honda CB650. I didn't know if they made anything like that aftermarket

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Curious..
How high is the idle adjusted to?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
The guys I know set theres to around 2500-3000

·
Registered
83 Posts
Most local shops carry them. Mine was purchased for $31 and would never think of not having one now. Don't use mine for the no hander, but great to be able to ride left handed giving throttle hand a break.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
97gsx600f said:
Most local shops carry them. Mine was purchased for $31 and would never think of not having one now. Don't use mine for the no hander, but great to be able to ride left handed giving throttle hand a break.
Most of the stunnas I know, the above average ones anyhow, turn up the idle and do not use mechaical devices to set the throttle.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
2500rpms....any higher on a 929 and the idle does funky things and if you crash it doesn't drive away from you like it does at 4k rpms.

it's all about balance and being gentle on the rear brake.

·
Registered
265 Posts
on my 929 for no handers...sit down or stand up...my idle is a 3500rpms....im lightly tappin the rear brake to stay at BP...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts