3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense :)

I just got one tonight: 2001 DRz 400

Ohlins shock, yosh off-road pipe, excel rims, blah-diddy-blah-blah

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
just bought a 2008 drz400 looking todo some modding! love the bike!
Sweet! Another FL DRZ! First mod to do is the JD jet kit and 3x3. I wasn't going to bother until I got a pipe, but my carb got clogged from sitting when I was out of town and I was going to have to open up the carb anyway. So I got the JD kit and rejetted, wow! Best $70 I ever spent on a bike!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the big bore kit, unless this was your only bike. After seeing how much this bike woke up with the jet kit, I can only imagine what a full pipe and FCR would do. Seems to me the BB would just be asking for trouble and you don't really need it.

Some people think I'm crazy, but I am seriously contemplating getting rid of the ducati because the DRZ can do everything the ducati can (turn, wheelie, stoppie, etc), and do it better, except go insanely fast!

I pretty much ride the DRZ more than any other bike.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Most recent bike addition. Picked up about two months ago. 2000 DRZ400S. I leave in an area surrounded by mountains. No more wondering what's on the other side.

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
^congrads!

It is so true that owning a dual sport really opens up a whole new world. You go to spots you would have never been able to before.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts