Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I love Beaubier, but I'd expect someone on the best Yamaha do to great in AMA since Yamaha is the only manufacturer putting any effort into AMA at all these days. Not suggesting it's totally the bike though, I remember when Cameron was on a no name privateer Yamaha and was running at the front as well, the kid has serious skills and I know we'll see great things from him in the future.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I love Beaubier, but I'd expect someone on the best Yamaha do to great in AMA since Yamaha is the only manufacturer putting any effort into AMA at all these days. Not suggesting it's totally the bike though, I remember when Cameron was on a no name privateer Yamaha and was running at the front as well, the kid has serious skills and I know we'll see great things from him in the future.
His teammate from the supersport days looks like he's getting things back together. And his current teammate is really, really good. I think the format of the 200 is tough on rookies, but I think Gerloff will win a few races this year.

Now the big question is, will we see any of the races?

Anyone wanna take guesses on top three:

1-DiSalvo
2-Beaubier
3-Gagne

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would guess suzuki put in as much effort at least last season.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I would guess suzuki put in as much effort at least last season.
I don't think Suzuki had a real factory team in DSB last season. There was the M4 squad but that was the closest thing to a factory effort of I remember correctly. They had a factory Superbike team though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Reactions: jeffo8

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Races all on speed:
Friday March 15
AMA Superbike Race 1 4:00 PM Mountain
Sunday March 17
Daytona 200 11:30 AM Mountain
AMA Superbike Race 2 7:00 PM Mountain

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Races all on speed:
Friday March 15
AMA Superbike Race 1 4:00 PM Mountain
Sunday March 17
Daytona 200 11:30 AM Mountain
AMA Superbike Race 2 7:00 PM Mountain
Supersports and Harley's on Speed 2 as well. After that, no more TV package in place. I've heard two interesting rumors, but nothing official.

Either way, F Speed and Fox Sports 1.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I have my predictions, and hope they're right:

Supersport:
1. Ohge
2. Blevins
3. Mesa

I would really like to see Ohge do well in Supersport, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if Wagnon came up to doing better than he did in qualifying. From what I've seen from him down here, he really can push a lot harder than I think he is right now. I rode with him and Ohge last weekend, and (although they weren't running race times), they were keeping up with each other quite well together. Of course, I'm a bit of a fan of theirs since they're from down here, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them both finish top 10 if not top 5.

DSB:
1. Pascarella
2. Beaubier
3. Zemke

Even though Zemke is leading qualifying right now, I don't think the Ducati is going to be as competitive at Daytona as it would be on a tighter track. I'm not sure how it is tuned, and I may be wrong in this prediction. Zemke is a good rider, but I feel the bike is going to hinder him here. And let's face it, I may be a fan of Elena, but she hasn't been doing too hot out there today. Maybe she can kick it back into gear, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

SB:
1. Hayes
2. Herrin
3. Eslick

Let's face it, Hayes really has this season in the bag, despite it already beginning. He is more than .5 seconds ahead of everyone in qualifying. Although Hayden is ahead of Herrin right now, I don't think he will be able to maintain that in the race, and I can see Eslick fighting hard to take podium in this race. He, Herrin, and hayden are all right there fighting for that 2nd place qualifying, and I can see him riding Hayden's tail in the race and getting a last minute pass.

Harley:
I don't care.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts