Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a set of frame sliders for my 04 R6, and am not enthuased (sp?) about having to cut up the plastic's. So i was looking at some no-cut ones. But it seems like w/ them offset from the mounting point, that they would have a tendency to bend the offset bracket, if not break it. Anyone know of any cons, or am i beind to over cautios?

Thx,
Thomas

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
No, I would say what it is true. I have the no-cut sliders and they have bracket that redirects the sliders outside the fairings instead of through the fairing (after cutting). Anytime a bracket is involved it won't be as strong as threading straight into the engine mounting bolt. Is it better then not having any sliders at I'll? I think so and that's why I have them. Luckily I haven't had to test that theory yet.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
On that note, how do you guys feel about the billet sliders? I have heard that the plastic (delrin) sliders are much better, as they tend to "shred" as they slide and absorb more of the impact. Does anyone have billet sliders and how well do they work?

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
may i ask what frame sliders is? show me a pic of it or info.. thanks..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Coloradoon22 said:
may i ask what frame sliders is? show me a pic of it or info.. thanks..

This is a picture of a frame slider. It's the round black thing sticking out of the side of the bike about in the middle of the bike.

NOTE This is not my bike, borrowed picture from R6messagenet.
Ruenin's bike.

Wes

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
Here is a pic of mine...

i didnt have much fear about cutting the fairing up, it was pretty easy

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts