Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went back to the track last night, gearing made it very hard to get on the gas till 2nd gear, plus I think I lost a few HP with the baffles out of the stock pipe.

10.1 at 143 mph

buddies 03 gixxer 1000 ran 10.6 all night

·
Registered
251 Posts
143 is a sick trap speed. You'll be hitting 9s soon enough. You're right on the edge. My goal is to hit high 10s

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
went back to the track last night, gearing made it very hard to get on the gas till 2nd gear, plus I think I lost a few HP with the baffles out of the stock pipe.

10.1 at 143 mph

Not knowing all of your mods...........Your Busa can become a solid 9.90 (SUPER GAS) bike!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no mods, just lowered ( nothing radical, its a daily driver) and a -1 front sprocket. That was even with 87 gas.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
no mods, just lowered ( nothing radical, its a daily driver) and a -1 front sprocket. That was even with 87 gas.

SWEET!

On the fast track to 9's

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its hard, people see magizine times, which are corrected and think thats what it runs, my buddy was expecting to get way better, but his first pass was 11.0, it is all off the line

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
its hard, people see magizine times, which are corrected and think thats what it runs, my buddy was expecting to get way better, but his first pass was 11.0, it is all off the line

So true about magazines. Not only about the times being corrected. They use PRO RIDERS in the seat along with a "closed track" situation where they typically have an entire day to get the numbers they seek.

Not every rider has PRO ability. Therefore, most will not attain the same times as found in the magazines; Not mathematically corrected or corrected.

Busa SE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! :grinbounc

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:

10.1 at 143 mph

Too bad you live in the GL Area. We could use more drag racers like you out here in the XMRA at the California Speedway!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would be fun. the other thing is shift points, I need to get a dyno run in to see where the best power is, right now I think shifting at 12K is to high, the 143 trap was shifting at 9-10, it is a torque motor after all.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
It would be fun.

the other thing is shift points, I need to get a dyno run in to see where the best power is, right now I think shifting at 12K is to high, the 143 trap was shifting at 9-10, it is a torque motor after all.

It would.

Knowing where the shift points are will help get into the 9's with an "all motor" ride. It seems that your geometry is working and your suspension settings are near optimal. PLEASE POST YOUR FIRST AND LAST DYNO RUNS IF YOU WILL! :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
Yeah I totally hear you on this. It takes mad skill to get the times they post. Plus in my opinion a b***** bike is actually harder to get a fast time on because it takes more control to get a good launch. I wouldn't be surprised to run a slower or similar time on a b***** bike than on my F4.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Where do you race 2002 Busa? Down at Bradenton? What are the rules? I specifically need to know if I need a kill switch clip. I would think that may be the only thing I need besides the full leathers/helmet/gloves/boots.

·
Registered
145 Posts
CorvetteChris said:
Where do you race 2002 Busa? Down at Bradenton? What are the rules? I specifically need to know if I need a kill switch clip. I would think that may be the only thing I need besides the full leathers/helmet/gloves/boots.
Bradenton does not require a kill switch clip at all. They don't even require full leathers until you are in the 9.9x and faster range. Just helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans, and boots. I've never had them even do a tech. inspection on my bike before.

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Powder said:
Bradenton does not require a kill switch clip at all. They don't even require full leathers until you are in the 9.9x and faster range. Just helmet, jacket, gloves, jeans, and boots. I've never had them even do a tech. inspection on my bike before.
Dont quote me on the kill switch, but I think 9's is when you need one, as for the leathers, full leathers or pants and jacket are required in both NHRA and IHRA rules after 120mph..... If your running fatser than that I'd get some anyway, infact I would wear them all the time no matter what, ever seen the results of sliding down the track at 100mph in just jeans, I have, it's not a pretty sight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
UK_R6 said:
Dont quote me on the kill switch, but I think 9's is when you need one, as for the leathers, full leathers or pants and jacket are required in both NHRA and IHRA rules after 120mph..... If your running fatser than that I'd get some anyway, infact I would wear them all the time no matter what, ever seen the results of sliding down the track at 100mph in just jeans, I have, it's not a pretty sight.
The NHRA and our organization, the XMRA requires a "teathered" kill switch on machines 10.99 and quicker.

Have a nice ride!

·
Registered
23 Posts
you need to shift at the rpm your engine is making max hp not at redline,max power will be before redline.all sportbikes today have a certain amount of over-rev capability built in especially the 600's so they don't have to shift gears mid-corner when roadracing.this is an example, don't quote me on this,if your busa redlines at 12 grand it probably makes max hp at 10,750 and that would be your shift point for drag racing.you need to find out what rpm your motor makes max hp,good luck in reaching the nines!the hardest part is getting a good launch off the line without having to back off the throttle,it will come, keep racing, the more runs you make the quicker you will get.

·
Registered
59 Posts
2002 Busa SE said:
It would be fun. the other thing is shift points, I need to get a dyno run in to see where the best power is, right now I think shifting at 12K is to high, the 143 trap was shifting at 9-10, it is a torque motor after all.

OH man!!! Shifting at 12 grand,waaay off, I run high 9's with a GSXR1000 (stock w/ slip on) and I shift at 11,200 rpm and pull 147 mph in the quarter. If you shift that bike at 10,000 to 10,500 rpm you will have your 9 seconds run, no problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what's up fellow Drag racers. I also have an '02 SE and the fastest time I have is a 10.19 I weigh 235 lbs. I am lowered front and rear, and an airbox mod. The whole shot plus the 60 foot time is what I am having a problem with, and keeping the front end down. Because of my weight, I have to come out the whole harder. My home track is Union Grove, Great Lakes Dragway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts