Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I installed nitrous on my fizzer with jetting for 25 hp. It does work, somewhat, but seems to be running way way rich. When you hit the button there is a slight boost of power (maybe 5 or 10 hp), but that power boost soon dies away and it seems to loose a little power over normal aspiration as it climbs in the rpms, then it starts sputtering a bit near redline.

Right now the fuel jets are one size larger than the nitrous, prehaps I should make them equal.

Also, I was surpised how fast it went through the 2lb bottle of nitrous.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
How do you have the bottle mounted. If your not getting enough nitrous it will run rich and spit and sputter...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The valve is facing the front of the bike and is tilted downward slightly. I was thinking another thing though - I lost most of the nitrous in the air due to a screw up (injector hoses not properly secured - blew out when button pressed). It only took a few runs to run it totally out of nitrous and it seemed to get worse and worse as I went. Maybe it was so low it wasn't in liquid form. I guess I'll just get the bottle refilled to test that theory.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh shit it was out of nitrous. Even a 25HP shot is mad insane. Nitrous working. Mission accomplished.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Way go to dude. For a little while I was thinking about nitrous for my scooter since it's the only economical way to make it faster.... But I dunno, it takes some balls!

How's she react to it? Tries to wheelie? :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I've only hit the button twice, but, how does she react to it? Instantly. You hit the button and it makes 25 more hp period. I'm pretty sure I was lighting the rear tire up at the top of second gear (over 100 mph). Its a heavy bike and I'm running 160 D220s, so I bet it was... I didn't try to wheelie but VERY sure it would wheelie simply from rolling on if the rear had traction the entire time and I wasn't hunched over the front end.

If you want to learn about nitrous go to this site - you'll learn tons and it tells you how to build your own system (I probably should have - it'd be cheap, and its simple)

http://www.dynopower.freeserve.co.uk/nitrous_oxide/

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I have jets for 50 hp in my posession. Should I use em? 50 hp would be pretty mad... Heck, I bet 50hp jetting would get me into the 9s with a good launch.

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
I'd be very afraid running a 50 shot of nitrous between my legs...... 25 is one thing...but 50? Man, that's 5 less horsepower than my entire 500 motor makes. That's a LOT of juice even for a 1k....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jackal79 said:
Also, I have jets for 50 hp in my posession. Should I use em? 50 hp would be pretty mad... Heck, I bet 50hp jetting would get me into the 9s with a good launch.
You will have a hard time getting into the 9's with that shit tire. Only thing about nitro is it hard on your motor (cranks bearing, rods' ect..).

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
If you have pictures you gotta post cuz I'm intrested!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I did take a picture. I'll post it when I get a chance. I need to find a better place for the bottle because I can't put the left rear fairing on with the bottle the way it is (and I need to have the bottle tilted upward, not downward since it has a siphon hose that goes to the bottom).

·
1,272 Posts
Thanx Much Man!

·
Registered
605 Posts
good job...this is where i had my bottle, A 2lb with those small jets will last about 2 minutes total, thats alot if you only use it for the 1/4 mile at 8 -10 sec a time! I was running a 40 HP shot on a little 600 and had no problems for 2 years. when you get to 50 you have to run good gas and retard the timing 2 degrees to be safe, run the 40 jets and get a set of colder plugs and youll be fine!

Attachments

·
1,272 Posts
That kicks @$$! (Keepin it clean Fred) :D

·
1,272 Posts
You mean in the carbs? I don't have "the bottle" yet anyway

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was told the bottle needs to be tilted upwards and not downwards as it is right now, but I can't figure out how to do that without welding things, and I can't weld aluminum myself.

I'm using .014in jets for nitrous and .016 jets for fuel (there is a good fuel pump in the setup too).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts